Cris
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.
10156100

I am unable to open any hyperlink in any email in Outlook.

I am unable to open any hyperlink in any email in Outlook. I am running Outlook 2007 with Windows 7. This problem just occured a few days ago, previously there was no problem.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Please press CTRL+D to save this page to your favorites so you can easily get back.

Let's try to perform a system restore, this will not affect any data on your PC. It's a simple way to undo system changes.

Click on the windows logo start button, in the search box type in system restore and hit enter.

The wizard will appear, click on Next you may have to click on show more restores. Select a date previously to when the issue started happening. The PC will restore then restart.

Let me know the outcome. Please reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are no restore point, sys was off, now on.
OK, let's then try to reset Internet Explorer.

Click on Tools at the top if you don't see tools press ATL+A on the keyboard.

Click on Internet Options, when the window appears, click on the "Advanced" tab.

Click on "Reset", do not put check in Delete personal Data". Click on Reset.

The reset will happen then you will need to close out the browser and re-open.

Let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO help!

Error message: this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer

This happens when ever i click on a hyperlink

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This only occurs in Outlook Mail
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,So now what
Please try the following:

• Click the Start, then Default Programs.
Default Programs, select Set your default programs In the Programs list, highlight Internet Explorer and click Set this program as default Click OK

Let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No HELP.. its difficult to see your response as I cannot open the link within your email response, agian this is only unique to OUTLOOK
I had asked that you reply back to me before leaving any negative rating. I have been helping you with your issue and if my last solution did not work just reply back to me.

Also if you are unable to see my response or click on the link log into your justanswer account through the site and view my responses.

Please try the following registry fix provided by Microsoft for this particular problem. I have provided the link. Copy and paste it in your browser. Let me know how you make out.

REPLY BACK TO ME FIRST BEFORE SELECTING ANY NEGATIVE RATING.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049