Bernie, Office Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

Microsoft word 2012 has stopped working. How to I fix?

Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or Mac?

If not sure, click HERE. On that page, under Operating system, it will say what you have.

How long ago did this issue first start?

Also, do you have any special add-ons, like macros, or customizations (personal dictionaries/autoentries) you've made to MS Word 2012?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Windows 7
Issue started about 30 minutes ago today.
no special add ons
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX still repair the Office suite and it will go through and check each application (including Word) to fix anything: Click the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Click Uninstall or change Programs > Select Microsoft Office from the list and click change >

Select Repair and click next > When it's finished, try Word again > If that doesn't work, then there is a tool that will take the Word registry back to it's defaults. This doesn't affect your files, please click HERE.

Scroll down until you see the FixIt button, and click that > Download the Fixit file, then open and run it, and follow the prompts it gives you

After it's done, restart word and see if it works now.

Since this started happening fairly recently, if needed you can also try this: Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time before your issue occured. You may need to check the show more restore points box to see more dates to pick. Make sure it says system restore successfully completed after it restarts your computer (let me know if it doesn't), then check if the issue is still there.

To make sure you can return to me, please favorite or bookmark this page, or you can check your emails from me, in them will be a link to return to this page.