Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

In excel 2010 the auto fit row height doesnt work. I know

Customer Question

In excel 2010 the auto fit row height doesn't work. I know if you have manually changed the row height it's not supposed to work (read that on the internet). But even if I open a brand new document which I haven't done anything to, it will not change the row height to fit the contents. thank you
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there

RichieMe :

Yes this is a bug in Excel, but there is an easy work around

RichieMe :

This is achieved by Selecting the entire spreadsheet. (click on then top left corner button), then Double clicking the line in the margin in between the two rows.

RichieMe :

This will auto resize for you

Customer :

Between which two rows? THe row above the row I'm trying to autofit or the row below the row I'm trying to autofit?

RichieMe :

It shouldnt matter

RichieMe :

choose the row above please

Customer :

When I tried it on both row above and below, it did increase the height of the row, but not nearly enough to accommodate the text I had typed in.

RichieMe :

you double clicked?

Customer :

Yes, I just tried again. Do you mean in the margin where the line numbers are? When I put my mouse over the line between the rows in the area where the line numbers are, a cross appears and I double click. Is that where you are talking about double clicking?

RichieMe :

on the horizontal line where the numbers are please

Customer :

Yes, that's where I am double clicking

RichieMe :

can you upload the excel spread sheet to this link pleas

RichieMe :

please*

RichieMe :

www.wikisend.com

RichieMe :

and provide me the download link?

RichieMe :

I can look if anything in it is causing problems

Customer :

OK. I have to leave now for an appointment. Can we continue this tomorrow? You'll have to tell me how to upload a document.

THanks, CJ

RichieMe :

yes we can