WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist

I am designing a database that keeps client info. Originally,

I am designing a database that keeps client info. Originally, I separated the info into multiple tables, with each table 1 to 1 joined with client identity, then queried each table, then created a form based on each table. Later I decided to put all the info into a giant table, then make queries for only the data that is pertinent to each form. 1) What is the limit for the number of fields in a table. 2) Is one way (multiple tables linked 1 to 1 with client identity) or giant table with multiples queries connected to corresponding forms for data input by subject matter).
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 years ago.

weshouck :

The limit for fields is 255 in each table. If you have alot of fields or redundant data, then it's best to split the data into different tables so it makes sense to you when looking up the data. If one table seems to suit you, then that's fine. It's when your database gets 1000+ records and gets more complicated when you want to use the multiple tables linked 1 to 1 with client identity.