Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

Ok Im back. Ive tried repair twice and it SAYS it has bee

Customer Question

Ok I'm back. I've tried repair twice and it SAYS it has been repaired...however, when i click on spreadsheet now it says the excel 2010 cant open and to try again or repair product in control panel (sigh) lol. In case you need to know...TECHNICALCAT was helping me at first.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  lordnomi replied 2 years ago.

lordnomi :

hi

lordnomi :

please upload the file here

lordnomi :

let me check on my machine if file is corrupt or its an installation problem

Customer :

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Thank you for your help. I have got to get some sleep so I'll check back in the morning.

lordnomi :

ok

lordnomi :

send me a message and i would be glad to help you

Customer :

ok..tyvm.

lordnomi :

Good night :)

Customer :

Good morning....I am ready to try this again after some rest.

Customer :

Will be back as soon as I get some coffee.

Customer :

Have you found out if the file I sent you was infected?

lordnomi :

no i didnt get any link

lordnomi :

please upload it there again

lordnomi :

and send me a link

Customer :

I'm so sorry....I'll try again.

Customer :

Ok ..its uploaded...how do I send it to you?

Customer :

Or do you already have access to it?

lordnomi :

once uploaded it will show you a link

lordnomi :

called "Direct Link"

lordnomi :

copy paste that link here

lordnomi :

the file is opening fine on my side

lordnomi :

goto control panel

lordnomi :

click add remove programs

lordnomi :

click microsoft office

lordnomi :

and select change or repair

lordnomi :

repair the installation of office

lordnomi :

it will fix all possible problems with office

Customer :

Just tried this. Actually, this is the 3rd time I've tried the repair. It says it cannot open and to try again or repair through the control panel.

lordnomi :

then last thing

lordnomi :

download this application called Revo Uninstaller

lordnomi :

use advanced mode to uninstall office

lordnomi :

remove its entries from the registry as well

lordnomi :

then restart computer

lordnomi :

and install office again

lordnomi :

try it and update please

Customer :

Thank you for info. Before I try this, how do I re-install ms office....I have no discs to to this...it was a download....I dont want to uninstall and then pay to install again. Also, could this problem be related to a connectivity issue with a DHCP server? I ran a diagnostic test earlier. Results : Modems=Agere Win Modem. Network Adapters= Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (PASSED), Motorola SURFboard SB5100 USB Cable Modem (FAILED)! 8 lines below this, it says DHCP server = 68.87.73.12 (FAILED).

lordnomi :

no

lordnomi :

then dont uninstall it if you dont have discs

lordnomi :

and network connectivity has nothing to do with office

lordnomi :

it must work with or without network

Customer :

Why does it say lost connectivity when I try to open the ms products?

lordnomi :

well i am not sure

lordnomi :

i will opt-out

lordnomi :

may be some other experts will help you

Customer :

well

Customer :

I know I have a click to run if that has anything to do with it.

lordnomi :

may be

lordnomi :

but i see the solution is installing office all over again

Customer :

Well..tyvm for your help..i know I ve been a real pain.

lordnomi :

i can understand

lordnomi :

its very painful when basic applications are not working

Customer :

Your are toooooooooooooooooo kind!

lordnomi :

:)

lordnomi :

All the best

Customer :

THANKS!

Customer :

If I know the ms office product key, can I uninstall and then reinstall without paying for office again?

Customer :

Since its a download?

lordnomi :

you will need the same package

lordnomi :

the key wont work on any package

Customer :

oh....you are still here!

Customer :

I'm still trying to decide on what to do

lordnomi :

you need office cd to do that

lordnomi :

the key you have wont work on any disk

lordnomi :

ask the IT guys in your office to do it for you

lordnomi :

if they have a bulk license

Customer :

ok ..will try

lordnomi :

keep me updated please :)

Customer :

I have uninstalled ms office and click to run. I decided to switch to MSI based office from the click and run since I had read that some problems were occuring with the click to run. When I try to download, I get "The files required to set up MS Office Home & Student 2010 cannot be loaded. Check internet connection and then try again.

Customer :

I have figured out the download to change over to MSI based office. It is now installed. Excel opens quickly but it will not let me enter anything on it.

Customer :

I went to "Microsoft Office alternative fulfilment page", clicked my account, clicked download and then "Advanced options". I chose the 32 bit download to switch over to MSI based office. On the printed instructions that I have , it says "to install the MSI-based MS OFFICE edition, run SingleImage.exe.". I never did see a prompt to enter this exe. I did enter my product key that I found from the original download. I still cant enter anything into excel.

Customer :

Now I get in order to use, I must activate. I hit activate (by Internet not phone) and I get "A communication error has ocurred. Please verify that you have connectivity to the internet and try again. (Ox80072EFD).

Customer :

I was sure hoping that by switching to the MSI that I could get around the "no connectivity" thing! I'm giving up for tonite. Maybe you have some more ideas?

lordnomi :

not able to enter data and error code 0x80072EFD are linked

lordnomi :

it means you are not able to activate your product

lordnomi :

Once activated it will work fine

lordnomi :

most probably the cells will be greyed out in excel to enter anything

lordnomi :

to fix that install this patch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Customer :

I am trying this...but it says it cant continue because of the above listed error code.

lordnomi :

did you download the tool

lordnomi :

and tried to install

lordnomi :

what the error code appearing now

Customer :

It says error in trying to contact server error 0x80072EFD

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!