flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

My computer will not open my microsoft office application.

Customer Question

My computer will not open my microsoft office application. It has been downloaded and I have used it prior. Now it says that the path can not be found. How do i fix this?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

It sounds like your shortcuts may no longer be working properly.

What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 years ago.
Okay, thanks.

The first thing you'll want to try is repairing your Office installation. To do this, go to your Start Menu-->Control Panel-->Programs-->Uninstall a Program.

Find Microsoft Office in the list, right-click it, and choose Repair.

If that doesn't resolve it, then try this:

Go to your Start Menu-->Computer-->Local Disc C:-->Program Files-->Microsoft Office-->Office12.

In the Office12 folder, scroll down to the Ws (everything should be in alphabetical order) and find winword (or winword.exe). Right-click on it and choose Send To Desktop. Then look on your desktop for the shortcut and double-click it. If that brings it up the application then go back to the icon, right-click it, choose Rename, and then change the name to Word.

You will then want to do this for whatever other Office apps you have installed.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That didn't work. It didn't give me the option to repair it and sending it to the desk top didn't work either. It looked like it was trying to re-download it but wouldn't accept my key. This is Microsoft office 2010
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 years ago.
Hmm, that's strange. I'm honestly not sure what the issue could be so what I'm going to do is opt out of the question and open it up to other Experts. You will be notified when there's another reply.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 4 years ago.

download and install the trial version that matches the version you purchased.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try

You should be able to use your original product key to convert it to a full version.