flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

i am trying to install microsoft office 2010 and i keep getting

i am trying to install microsoft office 2010 and i keep getting error 1719 installer cannot be accessed. help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

First try disabling your anti virus program and firewall that could be blocking something

Then try these methods from this page

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/error-1719-windows-installer-service-could-not-be/a3d7a90f-5953-4b93-a536-d807e21e0b93

Method 1:
Start the Windows Installer service
1. Click Start, type Services.msc and press {ENTER}
2. Double-click Windows Installer
3. Set the Startup type of Windows Installer to Manual
4. Click Start to start the service. Note down the error message if any.
5. Click OK.

Method 2: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer to do that follow the steps provided below.

1. Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you
do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.
2. Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you
do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass.
After you run this command, the operation is complete.
3. Try your Windows Installer-based application again.

Method 3: Try performing SFC scan on the computer.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Note: Uninstall the one already present in your system from the Control Panel -> Program and Features.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!