HandyDan217
HandyDan217, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Office is my specialty.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet in excel which will allow

Customer Question

I am trying to create a spreadsheet in excel which will allow me to input 1) Employee Name 2) Job Number 3) Time that employee spent on job. From this I want to be able to populate 1)Total hours worked by X employee 2)Total hours worked on any given job number 3)Total time spent by a specific employee on individual job. Is this possible or does this already exist somewhere?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 1 year ago.

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is XXXX XXX I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. I do believe I can help you with your problem today. Please do not click the Accept button until you are satisfied with my help.

jstinehelfer :

I am thinking you want a Time Sheet but that is able to keep track of tasks etc.

jstinehelfer :

Most of my templates I get from Microsoft Office Templates.

jstinehelfer :

click this link and see if this is something that is a long the lines you are trying to achieve.

jstinehelfer :

If this fixes your problem then that is great. If it does not fix your problem then please ask for more help

Thank you for using Just Answer.com please click on ACCEPT and SAVE so I can get credit for helping you if I have answered your question correctly and to the best of my ability. If I have not been able to answer the question please let me know and ask for more help. Please take the time to fill out the feedback on how I am doing. This helps me help you better in the future. Have a great day.

JACUSTOMER-118pt7q2- :

This does not solve what I need. I searched all of the microsoft templates and nothing there seems to do what I need. It is more complicated than a time sheet. I want to evaluate total hours on a specific job number. I need to be able to get a total number of hours on a job as well as total hours worked by employee.

jstinehelfer :

I am going to have to let another Expert tackle this one. Please stand by

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
what you need is MS. Access - then it is just a matter of creating a table that stores the data, a queries to see the data based on specific criteria. I could create such a database for you if you have the software.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot invest in a new software at this time. We do not have Access. I was hoping that there was a way to accomplish this in Excel using its database capabilities.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
I'm surprised, if you get MS office usually you get access, word, excel, powerpoint. etc.. Unless you got a version that didn't have access, access is the ideal way to go. But you could try something in excel called a Pivot Table. This allows you to sort, filter and manipulate data, without changing the source data. You can also sum a particular field, like getting total hours for example, quite easily

here is a tutorial:

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2007/excel2007s7p7.html

Expert:  HandyDan217 replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I believe I know what you are looking for. I have created you a basic excel spreadsheet that does what you are describing. Feel free to modify it to meet your needs, but it should at the very least allow you to understand how to create exactly what you are looking for. You can download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6727891/JA/20120507/JACUSTOMER-118pt7q2/excel%20table.xlsx