Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

There is a problem with the Office database. To use the database,

There is a problem with the Office database. To use the database, you must rebuild it using the Database Utility. I have tried this and it will not work,
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Hi there and welcome

Which version of office are you using? and which type of computer do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a mac book pro. and using office mac 2011 home and business
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and this is happening for Outlook?

If so, just to be sure, hold the Option key and open outlook

Make sure you repair each of the profiles please if multiple ones are listed

Let me know if you still get the problem

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried and this did not work? now what?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you need to create a new identity as the Database is beyond being repaired

Can you do this please and it will resolve the issue

If you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The rebuild box come up every 4 seconds and is keeping me from doing any thing, How do I create a new identity?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Click on Applications and then on Microsoft Office 2011 folder.
Click on the Office folder.
Open the Microsoft Database Utility.
Click on the + symbol.

You can then add it here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't find the + symbol in this.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
it is bottom left, like this picture

http://support.sherweb.com/Images/Image/1419

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 15 backed up tries. Should i reload my disk?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, this is best as it will resolve it.

Do this and let me know if you get problems still please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i sync my contact back to this new id? I have the Out look open now. all is lost. thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you can if you where synching the contacts from an email service provider or if you had a backup of the contacts

Did you ever back them up? or do you use an email service provider? and if so, who?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are on my mac mail. and my i phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, from mac mail

Download and install AB2CSV. (download here http://tinyurl.com/7d8qxe2)
Open AB2CSV.
Select Mode | CSV from the menu.
To configure which fields will be exported, you can select AB2CSV | Preferences… from the menu and go to the CSV tab.
Now select File | Export from the menu.
Go to your Documents folder.
Click Choose.
The exported address book contacts are saved to a file called "everyone.csv" in your Documents folder.

Open outlook

Click File, Import, and import from that file and they will be in outlook

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, am trying again. I did get my contact and recieve email could not send. also i can not sync my calander and task and note. I am not trying to sync my contacts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, am trying again. I did get my contact and receive email could not send. also i can not sync my calendar and task and note. I am not trying to sync my contacts
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What are you trying to synch it with?