Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Office expert
50836188

I am trying to edit this read only document in Word. can

I am trying to edit this read only document in Word.

can I please send it to you or can you walk me through the steps?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

A read-only document can only be read; it cannot be edited.

Did you create the document?

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I haven't. can I edit it in a new window?

Attachment: 2012-05-04_145825_intake_discussion_form_final_version_10-29-09_locked_1.docx

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Click here ---> http://www.2shared.com/file/qS6BeA6G/2012-05-04_145825_intake_discu.html

Try using that file and see if you can type in the forms now

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't open here at work. can you please attach it and send it to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I wish I could but we are not allowed to make any personal contact outside of the site.

Let's try it this way since you are work:

Download the file to your desktop
RIGHT click on the file and select Properties
Make sure the box for READ ONLY is unchecked

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it doesnt work :(
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Was the READ ONLY option checked before?

Also, which year of Word do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2010. no It wasnt. Please help em out!! I am at work and my boss needs this asap. I ahve no clue how to make it editable. pls pls!!! Can you do it or guide me step by step?

Thanks

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please try opening the downloaded file and clicking on one of the boxes and typing.

If that does not work, there should be an option at the very top that asks if you wish to Enable editing

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Microsoft Office expert