John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

Hi I am working with spreadsheets created in excel and want

Hi I am working with spreadsheets created in excel and want to perform further analysis on the data with StatsDIrect. In the original workbook have columns of data which arise from forumla calculations. When I try and work in the Stas program the data seems to be present - but it has transferred as formulae and the values disppear as soon as I try and work with it. Is there anything I can do so that the Stas program reads the data as values so that I can work with it?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You can copy the data and use "Paste Special > Values" to paste it in another column and the other application will read the fixed data from the new location, or we can automate this process with a macro

Let me know if either method works for you so I can give you more detail

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I've just tried the copy and paste special > values and it seems to have given me fixed values in the other program so thank you very much !
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Great. Let me know if you need further assistance

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!