HandyDan217
HandyDan217, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Office is my specialty.
66948894

My Microsoft Email keeps giving me errors and sayimg that I

My Microsoft Email keeps giving me errors and sayimg that I have cannot move the items. The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server mean?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  HandyDan217 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

This type of error message is usually caused by antivirus software disrupting the connection to the email server. I know that Norton Antivirus is a primary culprit for this type of issue. Try disabling your antivirus software temporarily to see if the issue still persists while it is disabled. Or at least turn off the email protection or email scanning option in the security software.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Here is a general list of reasons why you may experience that error:
  • Your connection to your ISP has timed out or been disconnected.
  • You have ZoneAlarm and the "pass lock" feature is enabled.
  • You have a firewall program that is blocking access to to your mail program.
  • Your email settings in are not configured correctly.
  • If the error message happens infrequently when sending or receiving email, then the problem can be caused by an email with a large attachment that takes a long time to scan--causing the connection to time out.