HandyDan217
HandyDan217, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Office is my specialty.
66948894

I purchased Microsoft Office home and student 2010 online today

I purchased Microsoft Office home and student 2010 online today and it downloaded just fine. However after putting in the product key they sent me, I get an error message which states, "Microsoft Office home and student 2010 cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the office program by using control panel. I've tried everything, including the instructions others have left online. However, it continues to give me the same message. Is there any real solution?

OfficeExpert :

hi,

OfficeExpert :

this is a common issue with MS office packages which gets installed online or purchased online

OfficeExpert :

dont worry

OfficeExpert :

'you can get a new serail number of the product key online.

OfficeExpert :

all you have to do is call up microsoft and they will give you the product key online over the phone after verifying the purchase details.

OfficeExpert :

contact the Microsoft Customer Service Center call this number:

1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676)

When you contact the Customer Service Center please have the following items available to provide to the Customer Service Representative:

The Office 2010 installation disc (DVD)

Applicable on media purchase.
The readable parts of your original product key (if available)
IMPORTANT:
If you do not have these items the customer service agent will not be able to assist in providing a replacement product key.

OfficeExpert :

If all your question was answered to your satisfaction you may hit the accept button to reward the time we spent

Customer:

I downloaded it online so there is no installation disk/dvd. All I have is the new product key I received yesterday that is not working.

Did you download the office suite from microsoft along with your product key or are you attempting to enter the product key in a pre-installed Office Activation icon on your system?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I downloaded it from software king and they sent me the product key. There was a trial version of the MS Office for Home and Student, but I removed it.
I would suggest downloading the Office Suite directly from microsoft using your product key at this page: https://www2.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/usa/registerkey.aspx?ref=pkc&culture=en-US

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try that, but will I need to pay for it again? I had to pay for it yesterday prior to downloading it. Also, will I need to delete the one I downloaded yeterday prior to downloading this one?
If you have a valid product key then you should not be required to pay anything. The website I gave you will ask you to enter your product key to validate the purchase and allow you to download the pre-activated software for installation. You will want to remove any other versions of Office that you have installed currently before proceeding.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much. Your recommendation worked perfectly. you definitely saved me a lot of frustration!!!!
I'm glad that it worked for you. Please ACCEPT my answer if you are satisfied with your service today!

Experience: Microsoft Office is my specialty.