ittech1020
ittech1020,
33491607

I am constantly asked to enter my Product Key. I have no

Customer Question

I am constantly asked to enter my Product Key. I have no idea where to find it. The specifications for the computer indicate a product number of 20 digits, but I am asked for a product key of 25 charqcters. I have tried Product Key in the search engine but it comes up with no match. I have the Microsoft version Vista Home Premium OEM installed. I most urgently need your assistance since in making a power point-type presentation, this request keeps popping up.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ittech1020 replied 5 years ago.
TechGuy :

Hello I will try and help you.

TechGuy :

Can you tell me, is this when you are trying to open power point?

JACUSTOMER-tap7g38u- :

No. It coccurs regularly when the computer is on. I urgently need an answer now because I plan to project some tables that I have created and this request keeps popping up. I do not have a power point program installed. But this pop-up is a constant irrtitant, not limited to this particular occasion.

TechGuy :

Can you go start and then right click on My Computer and select properties. Can you tell me if it says Windows is activated under teeh Windows activation section?

JACUSTOMER-tap7g38u- :

It specifies Windows is Activated

TechGuy :

Ok. Can you tell me what program is asking for the product key? Or exactly what the message is?

JACUSTOMER-tap7g38u- :

The pop-up just intrudes on anything I am viewing and simply asks "please enter your product key" I have also gotten an occasional accompanying message onoccasion from Microsoft that advises it best to enter the rpoduct key to ensure smooth usage.

TechGuy :

Do you have Microsoft Office installed?

TechGuy :

Often A PC will come with a trial version of MS Office. If you do not purchase a license or uninstall the trial version you will be prompted to add the license

TechGuy :

If you have both and they are valid licenses but keep prompting for a key, you will have to call Microsoft to re activate and receive a new key.

TechGuy :

• Office activation (U.S. only):(###) ###-####/li>
  • Windows activation:(###) ###-####/li>

TechGuy :

Are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-tap7g38u- :

I regret that I have to leave for a previously arranged meeting. I am dismayed by your inability to provide a remedy for the problem II am experiencing. If yhou are unable to provide a solution to the [problem tonightbv 10:30 MDT, I

TechGuy :

I cannot provide you a license key. You have to call Microsoft directly to get a valid license key.

TechGuy :

That will resolve your problem.

JACUSTOMER-tap7g38u- :

The messaage I was typing disappeared. To repeat, I am disappointed in your inability to offer a timely solution to the problemI posed. I must leave home for an engagement that will occupy me the rest of teh evening. If you are unable to provide an adequate solution to the problem posed by 10:30 MDT,I will have to cancel this transaction and expect that my deposit will not be cashed. Unfortunately, if I don't have a solution in hand before my presentation early tomorrow marning, your efforts will be in vain.

TechGuy :

I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your offer. However, I will try calling Microsoft to see if they can offer a solution. Please cancel the qusdtion.