John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

Ok, first look at DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_10.xlsm.htmlClick

Ok, first look at DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_10.xlsm.html

Click on the ChecklistMon tab

All the data from this page comes from the PackingSlips Workbook.
The Fer/And - is the Driver Name (This comes from Row 13 in the PackingSlips Workbook)

Then the subheading for this driver - PACKED DELIVERIES (First you see a Key Code (This comes from Row 15 in the PACKINGSLIPS workbook), and then you see a total number (Row 112 in the PACKINGSLIPS Workbook). These key codes and sum total numbers should only appear for all those columns where Row 11 = PACK - all in the PackingSlip Workbook (There should be a word "Cases" or "Assorted Products" at the end of of each KEy Code line - It should say "Cases" when Row 6 in PACKINGSLIPS work book = CASE. It should say "Assorted Products" when Row 6 in Packingslips = Individual.

The next Sub HEading for particular driver - Packing Slip Deliveries
This is the same conditions as above EXCEPT - Row 11 in PACKINGSLIPS workbk should be empty and NOT have the word CASE. .

If you scroll down the bottom, you will see that the same conditions for each and every Driver, found in Row 13 in PACKINGSLIPS.

Between each driver there should be a page break so each drivers information prints separately.

The very last pack should be a general SUMMARY.
The HEading should be Total Packing Slip Deliveries
below this heading should be a number of Cases. This number is XXXXX SUM of all Totals(Row 112 in PACKINGSLIPS) where Row 6 in PackingSLips = "CASE" AND Row 11 in PAckingSLips does NOT equal "PACK"

And Thats it. I would need this for every day of the week.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Thnx
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Hi again,

I assume the two files in question are

PackingSlips10a.xlsm

and

DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_10.xlsm.html

I'll go through the instructions and will get back to you if I have any questions

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok I reviewed your comments but I think there are some inconsistencies, possibly because the row numbers in the Packingslip file have changed since the DRIVERSPACKING file was created (your reference to rows 12 and 15, etc does not seem to match the data in these rows)

Also the results listed in the DRIVERSPACKING do not match the actual data on the Mon sheet. I would like to see what the correct result should be for, say, KATHY for the Mon sheet. So it would help if you could go through the Mon columns for KATHY extracting the existing data from the rows and list that data the way you want the macro to list it

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you read the post on the top?, I went through the requirements step by step and changed the Row numbers to reflect the PackingSlips10a sheet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is KAthy

PAcked Deliveries
J-6 A / 31 Cases
Long-2 / 30 Cases
B-2 / 24 Cases
Long-3 / 5 Cases
J-1 / 28 Assorted Products
J-10 / 6 Assorted Products

Packing Slip Deliveries
J-4 / 3 Cases
J-9 / 2 Cases
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok here is the zip file containing both the Driver file and the Packing file

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336104780both_files.zip.html

After downloading the zip file make sure to extract the two files and save them together in a new folder. Then close all Excel files and go to that folder and open only the DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11 TEST.xlsm which has the macro. When you click the 'Get Monday' button the macro will open the Packing file in that folder and it will extract and process the data

It turned out to be quite a long code. I got held up for a while trying to figure out why the macro results weren't matching yours . As it turned out there was an error in one of instruction lines which I had used in the code ("CASE" instead of "PACK" in this line "...This is the same conditions as above EXCEPT - Row 11 in PACKINGSLIPS workbk should be empty and NOT have the word CASE...")

Hope it is ok. Please test it on some data variation and let me know if it needs any adjustments before applying it to the other weekdays

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is not working. I get a run-time error '1004'
'MACINTOSH HD: USERS:DESKTOP:BOTH_FILES\PACKINGSLIPS11.XLSM' could not be found. Check the spelling of the name, and verify that the file location is correct.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I just downloaded the zip file and extracted the two files and saved them in a new folder then opened the DRiVER file and ran the macro. It ran fine.

Are you sure you followed the instructions correctly? Look in the folder where the DRIVER file has been saved, do you see the other file in that folder (i.e. PackingSlips11.xlsm). Did you close all other Excel files?

If you still have an issue could you try downloading from another computer (PC)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still doesn't work....
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I can assure it does work. Tried it on two systems. The problem is 100% on your end which is really another issue

Without giving me more details or opening an online session and spend at least one hour to diagnose the problem I do not know how else I can help you with this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its still not working....I think in your code the Forward slashes should be backslashes...Or maybe not. Maybe on Monday, we can do a live session
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I asked you to test it on a PC. Did you?

Ok to enable you test it and see how it works I moved the Mon sheet from the Packingslip file to the DRIVER's file and called in Mon2. Here is the stand alone file

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336159620DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2.xlsm.html

Try changing drivers or values on the Mon2 sheet and run the macro various times to see how it works with different values

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks good. LEt me tinker with it tomorrow and get back to you. Will you be able to embed this file into the main file so it works on any computer?
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok let me know how it goes when you're done testing it. After that we can look into the Mac file system issue

Also if you can test it on a pc please go ahead and do so

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It works on the PC, but not on the Mac.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I don't think you have mentioned before that you wanted this to run the Mac. Regular macros should work fine on both platforms except when accessing files as the Mac and PC use different folder structure

Anyway try this on the Mac and let me know

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336418509DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11-MAC_TEST.xlsm.html

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX also doesn't work on the MAc. I get the same error message
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Don't what else I can do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2.xlsm file works great on the MAc. Can you fix the file to resemble that version
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

But you just said it doesn't work on the Mac?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11-MAC_TEST.xlsm.html doesn't work. The DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2.xlsm does work
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

hmm, but when I sent you that file 4 days ago. i.e.

DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2.xlsm

you replied saying "It works on the PC, but not on the Mac. "

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I meant the original 2 files u sent in the sunfolder
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I am still a bit confused. What exactly do I need to do now?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NOthing, I think it works As long as t is like DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2

I checked it out and it is accurate.

So I will click accept and pay you
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Great.

In the meantime and I will finalize the DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2

Thanks

John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. Much appreciated

Will post the files as soon as I have finished applying the macros to the other weekday sheets....

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok here is the zip file with both files. The new driver file is called:

DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11.xlsm

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336518150both_files.zip.html

Again, please make sure to save both files in the same folder before running the macros in the Drivers file

Try it and let me know if it needs any adjustments

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The two file solution does not work on my Mac. Can you please put it all in one file and make it resemble DRIVERPACKINGSHEET_11_TEST2 ????
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I see. Ok now I understand what you were saying.

I checked that file and what I did was copy the Mon sheet from the Packingslip file to the Drivers file. However since the Mon sheet on the Packing list had all sorts of formulas that are linked to the other sheets in that file I had copy that sheet and paste it as values (just values with no formulas) for the purpose of testing the new program

So in order to keep the formulas working on the Mon sheet it must be kept it in its original file and we should instead move the sheets ChecklistMon', ChecklistTue', etc from Drivers to the Packingslip sheet

Shall I go ahead and do that?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok will do.

Should have it ready later this morning

.

UPDATE:

Ok here is the combined file

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336582247PackingSlips11_COMBINED.xlsm.html

The 5 Checklist... sheets have been added at the end of the other sheets

Please test it and feel free to get back to me if ot needs any tweaking

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks good. Just one thing, is it possible to put a date on these sheets and on the Drivers Sheet. I especially need one on the drivers sheet - it would help to ensure that we are printing out the right one of for the right date
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, for the DRIVERS sheet, when it prints can it print separate Menu page for each driver?
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok will review and let you know

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Here is the file with the data addition

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336599158PackingSlips11_COMBINED_1.xlsm.html

As for printing the menus, as you recall you asked for page brakes at the beginning of each driver, and that is what has been done. Now are you looking to change the locations of the page breaks on each of the 5 sheets? If so, where exactly should they be placed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks at DRIVERS Sheet. There should be page break before every driver – before Column G, J, M, P, S , etc and the Columns A,B,C should Repeat

As for the Dates for the Checklist, Each checklist should have the Correct date on top - The Correct Date can be found on Cell A3 in the “Mon”, “Tue”, “Wed” , “Thu”, “Fri” Sheets . So for example, the Date for the ChecklistMon sheet should reference A3 in the “Mon” Sheet – and the date should be 1/30/11. For ChecklistTue the date should be 1/31/11…etc. This rule should apply the the Drivers Sheet. Depending on which Day the driver button should be clicked, a different dat should appear on the top of the driver sheet.

thx
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok will review and get back to you

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Here you go

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336705686PackingSlips12_COMBINED.xlsm.html

The button for the print macro is at the top of the DRIVERS sheet

Please feel free to let me know if you need any other adjustments

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. The only thing still missing, is the DATE on the DRIVERS Sheet. So if I click Drivers button on TUE Sheet, The Date 1/31/11 (Cell A3 in TUE Sheet) should appear on the top left corner of the DRIVERS Sheet
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Not sure if it was mentioned and I missed it, but anyway here you go

http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201205/1336747802PackingSlips12a_COMBINED.xlsm.html

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PErfect. Thnks. I will be sending the next project shortly
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Great. Glad to have been able to help

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I just finished building my menus around the sheets we were working on and I find that there are some problems with the buttons.

Please use the file below for your reference
http://www.filesharesite.com/files/201206/1340139303FreskoMasterV1.xlsm.html

- For the Print Buttons, the last line - Desserts: Crumb cake seem to come up on every page even though its value is zero

- The Drivers button doesn't work at all

- All the checklist buttons do not work

The only change I did, was added a new menu item in Row 35 - Pulled BBQ Chicken. I would hope that all the buttons would still work if I inserted a Row to add a new menu item (or deleted a row for that matter)

Please advise

Thank you
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I got your message but I do not recall the details of this job as it has been quite some time since I worked on it (I work on 100's of files every week). If you had come back to me within 48 hours or so like you have done in the past it would have been easy to modify things without having to review most of the messages, files and the code.

I will however try to look into when I have time later in the week, but I cannot promise anything

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Please try to help me. Im sure it's a small glitch in the code that you can probably fix quickly. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this already with you and have many more projects to give you. It is important that you can maintain the systems you create. If you want, after we finish everything we can decide on a maintance agreement

Thanks
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

It's not the amount of work involved in fixing it but as I said the amount of work involved in reviewing the case and knowing what needs to be done.

We don't do maintenance agreements here. This is just a Q/A site

I will see what I can do, and again I cannot promise anything

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please do try to fix it.

If you need money, then I will pay for you to fix it.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I looked at your file and I am not able to determine where the problem is because the data structure which the macros were based on seems to have changed.

If you believe that the issues are due to programming errors (and not due to subsequent modification of the sheets by yourself) please send me the last file that I sent you (UNMODIFIED) and will look into it again and try to fix it at no extra cost to you despite the amount of time that has lapsed since I last worked on these macros and despite the fact that my work schedule is completely booked up at the moment

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Here is what you sent me

I changed nothing except insert one single row. The only other changes were adding unrelated sheets.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I need the EXCACT UNMODIFIED file that I sent you, and that is because any small change can affect the macros and will take me ages to track. If you don't have it I will try to get it from my archive

Also please keep in mind that I will be very busy throughtout this week so I will not be able to anything until Sunday or next week.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That link is the link you gave me and is the exact unmodified file.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Why are you making it difficult for me and so time consuming. You just said a while ago that you DID make some changes:

"I changed nothing except insert one single row. The only other changes were adding unrelated sheets."

And now you are saying something else

"... is the exact unmodified file.

I accepted the obligation of fixing any issues in MY UNMODIFIED FILE. Anything else you will need to open a new question for, so I or another expert (who is free at the moment) can assist you with it

Please keep in mind that in a case like this it takes only 10% of the time fixing the issue itself, and 90% reviewing files, checking code, and messaging in this forum (which is a real distraction when you are working on something else)

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the confusion. In the file I sent you at 5 pm - the one with the problem, I only changed the one row inserted. In the link I most recently sent you, I changed nothing
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will look for that file in my storage folder and will work on it. Now what exactly needs to be checked in that original file

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the Original sheet - PackingSlips12a_COMBINED – all the problems I am experiencing below did not happen

FROM THE NEW SHEET I SENT YOU - FreskoMasterV1.xlsm, hereare the problems.

In the Checklist sheets, the buttons do not work. When I press any of them the sheets become blank

If you click on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Sheets, the following Buttons have the following issues

Drivers: When I click it: a Run Time Error shows up. Then a prompt to Debug shows up. When I click debus the following line is highlighted yellow - sh2.Cells(k, v + 1) = sh2.Cells(k, v + 1) + sh1.Cells(m, c)

Invoice: The last row Desserts: Crumb Cake appears even those the value is zero for that item

Pack for C: The last row Desserts: Crumb Cake appears even those the value is zero for that item

Pack for I: The last row Desserts: Crumb Cake appears even those the value is zero for that item

Plattered: The last row Desserts: Crumb Cake appears even those the value is zero for that item

No Pack : The last row Desserts: Crumb Cake appears even those the value is zero for that item

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok I was able to locate a copy of the last file that I sent you back in May. Please test it and let me know which button or part of which macro is not working so I can check my copy and get it fixed

http://www.ge.tt/3EeUGXJ/v/0?c

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I clicked the link and go the following message

These files are no longer available as the owner has removed them.
If you want to access the files, contact the owner.
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

That site could be having an issue, so is the FileShareSite.

Ok I zipped the file so this site will accept it. Here it is

Attachment: 2012-06-25_004426_packingslips12a_combined_original.zip

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, this works.

In this sheet – all the problems I am experiencing below did not happen

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I am not able to understand what all that means, but if it works on the file that macro was created on then the issue is not with the macro. In which case you will need to open a new question as per JustAnswer policy s I or another expert can help you with it (depending on my work schedule)

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The issue is with the macro. I added ONE row in your sheet - in the Menu table on Mon, Tue, Wed... and after added just ONE single row, nothing worked. PLEASE I AM BEGGING. I spent hundreds of dollars on this. I gave you generous bonuses and prepared to spend more with you. Why can't you just help me??
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

You keep saying "I spent hundreds of dollars" (a lot of which went to JustAnswer), and you know I also spent 10's of hours on the macros and the messages. In fact by coming back that late I have already spent over an hour on these new messages and will spend another hour or two just to understand these late instructions

I will look into it but I as I mentioned you need to open a new question and we will take it one step at a time. And believe me if I find that the issue is with the macro I will not expect you to pay

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only change I did you your original file, was add ROW 35 in Mon, Tue, Wed.... That is the honest truth. I just added one single row. - ROW 35 - BBQ Chicken. This shifted all the rows beneath 35 down by one row. I appreciate greatly all the help you can bring. We both know that - because you are the one who created the macros, you are the only one who can fix it. thanks
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will see what I can do. But first please open a new question and I will allocate an hour of my time tomorrow evening for a live online session so we can go through the issue together.

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Let me know as I have to sign off in a short a while

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I just issued a new question