Ansh P.
Ansh P., MS Office Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years experience in MS Office (All Versions).
14055801

locked - By Customer Service

Word 2007 will not do a Send/Receive. I get a pop up wanting me to enter my ID and password, which I do. Then, I get an error message under Send/Receive status screen that my ID and password XXXXX been rejected by the Server. However, I can go to Explorer and get on the internet just fine. Also, there are two other ID's on this computer that can do a Send/Receive just fine. What is wrong with this one?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

knoker1234 :

Hello

knoker1234 :

My name is James

knoker1234 :

Welcome to Just Answer

knoker1234 :

Are we talking about Outlook 2007 , and you can get your email if you use Internet Explorer and webmail entering the same details ?

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct on both counts. The ATT Server will take the ID and password XXXXX Yahoo.com mail, but not on Outlook 2007. There is something corrupted in this ID's setup because the other two ID's on the computer work just fine. The error message states that the Server rejected the ID and password.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks

Can I remote on and have a look at your Issue

I can send you a link to connect if your ready

Cheers James
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure, let's do it.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=e03bd3b6-a93e-40b6-9cb6-dc1bdb963e73&SUPPORT=NET

Click the Link then Agree and then Run / Ok when Asked

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One minor issue. The problem is on my laptop. Not this system. I will enter the link into the laptop. Will that work?

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Sure

Just Use this short version

http://tinyurl.com/bntbus2

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am back. Sorry for the delay.

Are you still there?

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
I am

Can you do this as test for me

Reset your Att Email password

then Enter that into Outlook

and let me know if you get the same error

Ive seen this before the same issue and changing the password XXXXX

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I changed the password XXXXX working with ATT on this problem. It did not solve the problem.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks lets do a remote session

are you on the problem machine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I will start it up.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok reply to me on this page when you on the problem machine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on the probleem machine under another ID. The problem ID is mj1weil.

I started up the remote link. Do you see it?

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
connected
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Cheers James

James K., Consultant
Experience: Technical Director of IT Company
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess we spoke too soon. The problem reappeared this morning.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Log in to Att again and change your password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. But I do not want to have to do this every morning.

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Sure i understand , last time we did not change the password XXXXX so please test
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That worked again. Now, how do we make it a permanent fix?
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok did you change the password ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok perfect let see how that gets on now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said before, Outlook worked fine after the change.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Ok good that should do it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesn't. We need to make this fix permanent, so that I do not have to do it every morning.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

This is this fix , last time we didn't change the password

This is what you have done now

Come back if it stops working

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe that I changed the password XXXXX
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Not while i was looking at the problem

Come back if it stops again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's back already. As soon as I got out of ATT mail, it started up again.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Thats interesting but while logged into Att it works
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. This has not been tested extensively, but that seems to be the case. I was not in ATT very long, and only tried Outlook twice.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.
Ok log in Att and then test Outlook
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I logged back into ATT and Outlook started working again.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Very strange its like logging into Att make the account live for some reason , its not an Outlook issue as when you log in they Download

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didagree. Why do the other two ID's in Outlook work just fine, but this one does not.
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

Well you have hot the nail on the head

"the Id's"

Not outlook.

When you log into Att Outlook works fine

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what do I do now?

ATT says that its an Outlook problem, since their mail system works OK.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem is with a corrupted ID that Outlook is sending to ATT, and it is being rejected. How do I correct it?
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting for an answer. My problem has not been resolved.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's been over a week. How long does this take?I still need an answer!

Please do not charge my credit card until I get a satisfactory answer.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

My name is Nick.

Is your email configured as POP3 or IMAP?

Please go to Tools->Account settings. Select your email address under EMAIL and click Change. What are your incoming and outgoing mail servers?

Click More Settings. Go to Advanced tab. What are your incoming and outgoing port?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

POP3

pop.att.yahoo.com

pop.att.yahoo.com

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

So your outgoing SMTP server is pop.att.yahoo.com? ATT Yahoo email outgoing SMTP mail server should be smtp.att.yahoo.com

If you click on More Settings button, go to Advanced tab. What do you see for incoming port number and outgoing port number? See the picture for reference.

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is SMTP. Sorry.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Did you check the Advanced tab in More Settings area? I need to know what your ports for incoming and outgoing mail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Incoming port 995

Outgoing port 465

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Your settings are all correct. What you can do is to change your incoming port to 110 and DO NOT USE SSL. Save the settings and click OK. Then click Send/Receive. Then change it back to 995 and use SSL. Try to do another Send/Receive.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Let's put it this way. There are threeusers on this computer with identical settings.

Two work just fine . One does not. The question is why?

One clue may be that at initializaiton, Outlook pops up a screen asking to select a profile. There is only one OUTLOOK. The other two users do not get this message.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your info.

Can we reconfigure this email account as a new account? Then we can import the old account into this one, which will import the contacts, folders from the old email profile into the new profile.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do we do that? It is my wife's account/ID, and does not want to change it. Too many contacts email her.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Then we have to be careful when dealing with this email. Unfortunately I do not have remote access. Let me reopen your question to all experts who has remote access so they can better assist you. Please wait for their reply. Thanks.
Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisiting you with this issue now. If you would like we can try starting a remote desktop session so I can help you directly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, let's do it.

Just remember that we are in my IDj right now, and the problem one is my wife's, which is mj1weil. Give assurances that she will not lose anything, such as her contacts and saved emails.

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Can you please let me know when you are online and working from your wife's computer.

Thanks

R.J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am currently traveling and working off various servers. For the past two days, it has been working OK. If it starts up again, I will contact you.

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, the problem came back after three days. So, I am ready for you to take over remotely and see if you can figure it out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anybody home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How about a reply!

This problem has not been resolved.

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.

I am online now. If you would like we can try starting a remote desktop session so I can help you directly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Please copy and paste the url below into your web browser to launch the session.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=afbaf08f-13f6-410c-a1ca-137787f0121f&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Please let me know when you are connected.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there? Let's do it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

R.J. POirier should be credited with solving this problem.

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
I will send this along to the customer service team so I will get the credit.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't actt too fast. The problem is back. The fix only lasted 24 hours.

Let's do it again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I need someone else. The previous two did not get the job done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting. Please respond. I still have the problem.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
I know the issue. Have encountered a lot of times earlier. I can help you with this. Let me know once you are back. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am back. Let's go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gone again. Will be back..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I still have the problem.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Let me know once you are available, I will help you remotely. I will be online now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am here. Let's do it.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Please accept. Thanks a lot!

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Ansh P., MS Office Specialist
Experience: Computer Science Engineer with 10 years experience in MS Office (All Versions).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, I spoke too soon.

The problem is back and has not been solved.

Let's try again.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It comes and goes. I think that I have found the answer. It works for a while. Then comes back.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
This looks like a server problem to me. What server settings are you using/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pop.att.yahoo.com

smtp.att.yahoo.com

Remember,I have two other users on the system using the same parameters that work fine. So, it cannot be the server. It is something to do with how the ID is set up. Also, the ID works just fine on the yahoo website.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Try using

pop.mail.yahoo.com

smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, but why does ' att ' work on other ID's and not this one?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Changing att to mail did not work.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure. Have you tried changing the password XXXXX webmail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. That was the first solution that worked. By changing the password XXXXX yahoo.com and in Outlook, it worked for about three days. Then came back.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Strange, can we try to wipe out everything and start from scratch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do mean by "wiping our everything"? I want to keep Contacts and Personal Folders. Do you know how to transfers these folders over to a new ID? If so, I have one already set up that works OK.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Transferring folders and contacts is easy. Its not related to the account. If you delete the account from Outlook, the contacts and folders will not get deleted. They gets stored in another PST file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, let's be clear about this. What I mean by folders are the personnel mail folders located in Outlook Mail when it starts up.
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you delete an email account from outlook those folders does not gets affected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can delete the bad account (mj1weil) and already have the new one (mjweil). Now how do you transfer control so that mjweil will show the contacts and folders just like mj1weil did?

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Just go to account settings, remove the old account from there. Select the new account, click Change Folder below it and link it to old PST file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Let me look. Don't I use Account Management in the Control Panel instead of Account

Settings in Outlook?

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Account settings of outlook. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wnet to account settings in my ID. I clicked on the tab Change Folder.

All I see is my folders. Not anyone else's. That is, nothing to change to.

What am I missing?

I am afraid that if delete mj1weil, the folders will not appear in mjweil under Change Folders.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Which PST is used by the old account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

C:\Users\Marion\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Link that to new account. don't worry, nothing will happen to the folders etc. You can take a backup of the PST before that if you like.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I do this before deleting the old account?

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Definitely. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I do this before deleting the old account? If so, how?

I do not see a way to link it, except under New Folder. Is this where I enter the link above?

I am in Create or Open Outlook Data File. Do I enter Outlook1.pst?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wouldn't this be simpler if you did it remotely?
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Sure, do you want me to remote in now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. You will be on my laptop under my ID. The old one that is bad is mj1weil. The new one that works is Mary. You will see both when you switch users.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I would like to see is the same list of folders and contacts under Mary that I have under mj1weil. OK?
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, let me connect first please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The answer solved the problem temporarly, but contines to come back. I need a premanent resolution to this problem.
Expert:  romr2009 replied 2 years ago.
  • Run CHKDSK to fix any soft errors on your hard drive.
-----
  • For Windows 7 or Vista:
  • Click the multicolored Windows Orb in the lower-left hand corner of your screen.
  • In the text box type the phrase CMD to initiate a search.
  • An icon with the cmd text will appear near the top.
  • Right-click the CMD icon and select Run As Administrator.
  • Type in your administrator password XXXXX leave it blank if you did not assign a password.
  • When the CMD window opens, type the following command and then push the enter key.
  • Type CHKDSK and press the return key.
-----
  • Wait for the procedure to complete.

• Do not schedule yet.

• Send the results first as directed below.
    -----
    Right-click on the text and choose SELECT ALL.
    Then go to the justanswer window and select PASTE so I can see the results.

-----

• The following make take hours to complete depending on the problems with the hard drive so do this overnight if possible without interruption:
  • If that works, then type CHKDSK /R and press the return key.
  • (CHKDSK /R has a space between CHKDSK and /R.)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to set up a new ID and password XXXXX Outlook on two different coputers with separate hard drives. In both cases, the result was the same.So, the answer is not a hardware problem.

The Server rejected the logon, although I can go to Yahoo.com and the ID and password XXXXX just fine. The question is why is the logon being rejected when I triy to set up a new account? Also, I tried with two different ID's with the same result.

As mentioned before, I have two other ID's that work just fine with identical parameters.

Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please process the refund.

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX