OfficeExpert
OfficeExpert, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Providing support for MS packages for more then 10 years
47701907

How do I make a backup of my Outlook 2007 on my old computer

Customer Question

How do I make a backup of my Outlook 2007 on my old computer to move to my new computer w/Outlook 2010? Once it's copies on my flash drive, how do I install it to 2010?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  OfficeExpert replied 5 years ago.

OfficeExpert :

JACUSTOMER-yqba3fm9- :

Hello?

OfficeExpert :

open the link and download the outlook backup tool which will backup your .pst email i mean inbox data calender and contact

OfficeExpert :

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/back-up-outlook-data-with-the-microsoft-outlook-personal-folders-backup-tool-HA010075802.aspx

OfficeExpert :

copy the file on a flash drive after the backup is done and when you will get the new outlook configured on your new computer then you can run the data restore.

JACUSTOMER-yqba3fm9- :

confused. I went to the link, downloaded Microsoft Add-In: Personal Folders Backup, it says Thank you for Downloading....where is it so I can make a copy?

OfficeExpert :

did you download and saved the file

OfficeExpert :

pfbackup.exe

OfficeExpert :
  1. Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
  2. Double-click the pfbackup.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
  3. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.

Instructions for use:

Once you have installed this download, complete the following:

1. Start Outlook.
  2. On the File menu, choose Backup.
  3. To change the backup options, such as which .PST files to back up, click Options.

To remove this download:

To remove the download file itself, delete the file pfbackup.exe.

1. On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
  2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
  3. In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
  4. Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
JACUSTOMER-yqba3fm9- :

I followed the instructions. It says it's installed. I opened Outlook, File...no Backup option listed. Just Save As, Save as Adobe PDF, Info, Open, Print, Help, Options, Exit

OfficeExpert :

hit save as

OfficeExpert :

pfbackup.exe

OfficeExpert :

save it on your desktop screen

JACUSTOMER-yqba3fm9- :

Okay, now I see an envelope on my Desktop that says pfbackup.exe

OfficeExpert :

now follow the rest of the steps given.

JACUSTOMER-yqba3fm9- :

Good grief, the file it saved under the name pfbackup.exe was the email saying you answered my question...

OfficeExpert :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers as I may be helping others or i am not online.

If I have adequately answered your question, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate click the "Reply to expert" button to reply me and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.