OfficeExpert
OfficeExpert, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Providing support for MS packages for more then 10 years
47701907

I recently purchased a computer with Office 2010 Starter installed.

Customer Question

I recently purchased a computer with Office 2010 Starter installed. I thought I'd try the Professional Office 2010 on the trial version, which just expired. I do not want the full version, so I uninstalled the trial, but now I can't open any of the excel or word files on my computer - they're not there. How can I fix this and get my excel and word files back?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  OfficeExpert replied 4 years ago.

OfficeExpert :

If you have removed the office software then you will not be able open any office files like word, excel powerpoint etc however if you do not want to purchase office you can still open your file by

OfficeExpert :

downloading a free verstion of office package called open office

OfficeExpert :

Click on this link and download it to install

OfficeExpert :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers as I may be helping others or i am not online.

If I have adequately answered your question, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate click the "Reply to expert" button to reply me and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

JACUSTOMER-plwvzu1a- :

Office Starter is still installed on my computer, but it can't open the excel or word files I had on my hard drive prior to the trial version expiring. Apparently the trial version "upgraded" all of my excel and word files, so the Starter version is no longer compatible with the files? And what is "open office" - is it a Microsoft Office package?

OfficeExpert :

are the excel files present in the computer

OfficeExpert :

do a right click on it and the select open with and then assoicate excel from the office starter

OfficeExpert :

it should work

JACUSTOMER-plwvzu1a- :

I only see "Microsoft Office"; when I open that a folder appears: "Office 14". there's nohing in that.

OfficeExpert :

then you have to use open office

OfficeExpert :

select the .xls files and associate the program which will open ti