Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

RA - 112

Customer Question

computer peroblem -When I press enter to bring down my text to create a new paragraph in my text it either sends the text to the next page or when I press shift and enter it leaves a gap in the words in the previous sentence
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  CompuGuru replied 2 years ago.

CompuGuru :

Hello, my name is David. I will be the JustAnswer Expert handling your Programming case today.

CompuGuru :

What program are you using?

Customer :

words in windows seven but I'm using a template from a foreign sorce.

CompuGuru :

OK, so what you are describing makes me think that your Formatting is set to

CompuGuru :

"Full Justify"

CompuGuru :

Have you checked to make sure that is not the case?

Customer :

No but I will

Customer :

I looked and it is highlighted at justify. I don't know if that mean fully justified?

CompuGuru :

Sorry - that was the development way to describe it. Justify is the same thing. It mean it makes the text look like a newspaper, the left and right sides are even. Word processors do this by padding spaces and half spaces into the text. That is what you are see when you describe gaps between words in the sentence.

CompuGuru :

The easiest way to solve this is to turn that function off as long as you don't mind the ragged right margin.

Customer :

I can't do that because it's part of book that has to be entered in that form.

CompuGuru :

Well if you are restrained by that requirement, Word is functioning the way it was designed and there is nothing you can do about the behavior.

CompuGuru :

I know that's not the answer you are looking for, but computers can only do what they are told.

Customer :

How come when i do it in word on my computer it works our properly but not in this new template. what i did was transfter the work to this new template and thae transfer created that problem??

CompuGuru :

The template is what is causing the problem.

Customer :

How do i resolve it?

CompuGuru :

Turn off the Justify / Or use another template

Customer :

If I turn off the justify I have to use either of the other selection and they will not work on this project. My Grand daughtet said that the trouble is caused by a page break and usind shift- enter should solve the problem and it did it to a point and then I got the gaps in the previous sentences after the I entered a new pargagrph?

CompuGuru :

Well if you do the shift-enter did solve the problem to a point. It made the paragraph spacing as you desired, but then it cause the gaps in the words. So you are kind of in between a rock and a hard place.

Customer :

The original problem was that when I pressed enter the text i was trying to start a new paragraph the ext jumped to another page. but the shift-enter caused another problen ( the gaps in the previous sentence. If the page break is the original problem, maybe that has to be adjusted first instead of using a stop gap (shift-enter.)

CompuGuru :

Which version of Word do you have?

Customer :

windows Seven if there is more tell me where to find it.

CompuGuru :

That is the version of Windows you are using. Across the very top of Word, do you see "File, Edit, View, etc." or do you see a bunch of icons?

Customer :

windows office word - across it has the top in (home) insert page lay out etc.

CompuGuru :

OK, let me opt out, so another expert can help you. I am not familiar enough with that version to help you solve your problem.

Customer :

My first problem was that I am working with a template that I transfered a copy of a book that I'm writing from windows 7 home office word to the template when I tried to create a new paragraph by pointing the curser in front of the word that I want brought down to start the new paragraph it jumps to the next page.I thought it had something to do with a page break So I pressed (shift-enter) it worked to a point, but when doing it, It left the remainig text above with huge gaps. ??

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ineed an answer to my problem please send my question to another expert
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here goes - I have a copy of a book that I added to a template sent to me by a publishing source. when I reviewed it there were adjustments that needed to be taken care of, one was that I had to create a new paragraph and when I pressed enter instead of dropping it down one space it went to the following page. I then tried a diffrent method and pressed shift-enter and that brought it down to the next line but it left the previous(line) sentence distorted with large gaps inbetween the words. that'as about it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm working in micro soft word 7 home office let me know what you need if it's more than what I wrote
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm still waiting for another expert to solve my prob lem!!!
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
very disappointed
Unfortunately, we have exhausted all our efforts to find a Professional for your question. When we close your question we have two options. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source or we can leave your deposit on your account here for future questions. Please let me know how you wish to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Return deposit if you can't get anyone to help me.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional . Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.