authentech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am an MCSE and have worked in the field for years

Hi! Can I install MS Office small business 2007 on a second

Customer Question

Hi! Can I install MS Office small business 2007 on a second computer in my office?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  authentech replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is Todd and I can assist you with this.
The short answer is probably No. You can install a MS Office license on one computer only, unless it's the full retail version (not an upgrade), then you are permitted to install it on one desktop and one laptop.

Here's the official response:

The Medialess Licensing Kit (MLK) license for Office 2007 is valid only on the computer onto which the license is first installed and the license is not permitted to be moved to any other computer.

See paragraph 2 of your Software Licensing Terms, licensed devices.

Full retail (as opposed to upgrade retail) licenses for Office 2007 suites are permitted to be simultaneously installed on the license holder's primary computer plus the license holder's portable (aka laptop) computer. There is one exception, Office Home and Student 2007, whose retail license permits the product to be installed simultaneously on up to three computers in the same houselhold when such computers are not used in revenue generating activity.

I hope I have helped you! Please click ACCEPT to give me credit for helping. If you can give me Positive feedback this helps me a lot as well. Thanks and have a great day!
I answered this question for you, can you please tell me if you have any more questions regarding this topic? If not, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for the assist.

Thanks for using!