yes, i can
we can do it 2 ways
you can either upload the database here and i will do it for you
or i can explain how to do it
i can't give you an e-mail address, but if you go to http://www.wikisend.com, you can upload the file there and then paste the link to the file here
Add Referential Integrity to your two tables. Please ensure that you invoke the following two items a. Enforce Referential Integrity b. Cascade update fields
i have two tables the instructor table and the course table
you can delete the relationship that i have there already since i know its wrong
i have a crappy online teacher but you can give a brief explanation on how you did it if you want just so i have a basic understanding of it
I'm assuming we have to link "course" with "instructor"
ok, the first thing i had to do was chance the data type for the "instructor id" field in the "course" table to "number"
from there, you can create a 1 to many relationship with the "instructor ID" field on both tables
oh okay 1 to many i could'nt firgure out which one to choose
i've created a sample query to show that it works
do you understand what a 1 to many relationship does?
So, once i created the relationship, i just had to check the boxes for "enforce referential integrity" and "cascade update related fields"
what version of office are you using?
try that one
you should be able to just double click and open
sorry finally got it open just had to get rid of the read only property where do i go to check and see if the rules are applied ?
see you stepped out gonna accept and take your word that everything is good to go thanks for your help and hopefully i can get your help on some other projects in the future
Please add the following queries to your database. Label them Unit 4-Query 1, Unit 4-
Query 2, etc.
1. Create a query that will display all information from the Instructor Information
2. Create a query that will display all information from the Course Information table.
3. Create a query that will display all instructors that live in Orlando, Florida. Please
display all information from the Instructor table except the state.
4. Create a query that will display all courses that are offered in the 100 level series.
5. Create a query that allows Jenny to enter in the Instructor’s last name as the
query is run.
6. Create a query that shows which instructors need a raise! Hint: your query
should show all instructors making less than $20/hr.