NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

Customer Question

I submitted question late yesturday but gave up waiting for a response, The question is- I tried to load Trend Micro virus checker on our laptop, 3rd of 3 computer package. Rsponse was to update MS software. I did that but got same message when I tried again to load virus checker. I also paid $38 by Visa .
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Trend Micro SW I used is for 3 computers. But at the shop I went to only had one package left. It had been used by their repair department to download once to another computer under another serial #. I was told that I would be able to load off the same disk with the new serial # XXXXX the Trend Micro package. The first two computers loaded just fine. It was only when I tried to download to the 3rd computer did I run into problems. I got a message back that the MS sw need to be updated. Since the 3rd computer is a laptop and seldom used, that seemed logical. I thought I got that done. I know that an error msg can be the wrong one if a right one can't be found. I don't know what the answer is. Do you?

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  authentech replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this.

Can you tell me what Service Pack and operating system you are running on this laptop? You can find this information by going to Start, Right click on Computer (or My Computer) and selecting Properties. Then tell me what you have installed. Windows XP (up to SP3), Vista (SP2), or Windows 7 (SP1).

Also, please provide the exact error message you are getting word for word...exactly. I will continue to assist you. Thanks!