sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting

How do you install office 2003 on windows 7 64 bit

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Can you tell me, what is the problem you are facing, while installing office 2003?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will accept the product key and then start to download but will then give me an error message. I would have to try to load it again to tell you the error message
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YOU STILL THERE?

Yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long before I get an answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello anybody out there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Error message I'm getting is that the install is not responding then I get error 1305 Setup cannot read file c:/DANGEROUS URL REMOVED
I have waited for your reply, for almost 4 hrs, you have replied me with the error message after 5 hrs. Anyway,the problem is generally caused by the following reasons.

• There is a problem with the CD.
  • There is a problem with interfering or conflicting software.
  • There is a problem with the connection to the installation point where you are installing (for example, a network drive).
  • There is a configuration or hardware problem with your CD-ROM drive.

To resolve this problem, use one or more of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.

Method 1: Clean and Examine the CD

If you have problems installing the program from the CD, the CD may be dirty or damaged.

Clean the CD

Use a CD-ROM cleaning kit, or gently wipe the silver side of the CD-ROM with a soft, lint-free cotton cloth. Do not use paper. Paper can scratch the plastic and leave streaks. When you clean the CD-ROM, wipe from the center of the disc outward. Do not use a circular motion.

If the disc still does not perform correctly, clean the disc by using warm water or a CD-ROM cleaning kit. Dry the disc thoroughly and then test the disc again.

Examine the CD

Examine the CD for visible deformation or scratches. If the disc is damaged, contact Microsoft Sales at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto obtain a replacement CD.

Method 2: Map a Drive to Your Installation Point (this is not applicable in your case)

If you install the program from a shared network location, map a drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer, and then use the mapped drive when you install the program. To do this, follow these steps:
  1. On the Tools menu in My Computer or in Windows Explorer, click Map Network Drive.
  2. In the Drive box, click a drive letter.
  3. In the Folder box, type the UNC path for the server and shared resource in the form \\server name\share name, or click Browse to find the computer and shared resource.
Note Shared drives and shared folders can be mapped. When you access a shared drive or folder, you can also access subfolders, unless permissions forbid it. However, you cannot map a drive for a subfolder that is not explicitly configured as a shared resource.

Method 3: Clean Boot Your Computer

Use a clean boot to restart your computer, and then see whether the problem persists. A clean boot is a way to create a clean environment on your computer. When you start your computer with a clean boot, the Microsoft Windows operating system loads only basic devices and services.

To restart your computer with a clean boot, follow these steps for Windows XP.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK.
  3. Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.
  4. Click to clear the following check boxes under Selective Startup:
    • Process SYSTEM.INI file
    • Process WIN.INI file
    • Load Startup Items
  5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
  6. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.
Note To restore the computer to use a normal startup, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services on the General tab in the System Configuration Utility, click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.

Method 4: Troubleshoot Your CD-ROM Drive

If you continue to have problems installing the program, there may be a configuration or hardware problem with your CD-ROM drive.

For more information about how to test your CD-ROM drive, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 321641 How to troubleshoot issues with reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD discs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I read this off the Microsoft web site too. Do you have any other ideas?
If your Microsoft Disc is defective, then there is only way left, that is to borrow the office disc from someone and then install it with your product key for office.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!