technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  20yrs experience with advanced degrees

When I try to open an Excel 2010 Spread sheet a prompt asks

When I try to open an Excel 2010 Spread sheet a prompt asks id I want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer. I select yes. Another popup comes up anbd tells me that there was a problem sending the command to the program.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  technicalcat replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service,

Please tell me more details about this problem. Does it only occur on certain spreadsheets? Does it occur if you simply open Excel (with no sheet)? Any system changes or did anything happen just before this problem started? Are you opening these sheets over a network , or on the same computer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
New computer and system. It happens on all spreadsheets that I try to open from a folder. If I try to open the spreadsheet after opening Excel and then selecting open and selecting the file from a directory it will open.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is anyone going to help me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I get my money back?
Sorry, there were technical difficulties and I was not able to respond to you.

What happens if you create a new spreadsheet and try to save it. Then, open that same spreadsheet? Do you still get the error in this case? If testing, please save it to a different folder than where the others are located.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I get the same problem and message.
Try the following steps. If this doesn't fix the problem, then reply for further instruction.

1. Click Start >> Computer.

2. Double click C drive >> Program Files >> Microsoft Office >> Office12.

3. Right click EXCEL.EXE and select Properties.

4. Click on “Compatibility” tab and uncheck the check box “Run this program as an administrator”.

5. Try opening Excel.

Please click on accept button if this answer has helped youCool, This is how we computer experts get credit for our time spent helping you. There is no additional charge for clicking accept. I'm here for follow up on this question even after accepting my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated.Laughing