Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

using a Mac with the latest Leopard OS, (10.7.3), I accidently

using a Mac with the latest Leopard OS, (10.7.3), I accidently saved a Powerpoint Mac 2011, vs 14.1.4, with the same name as another file. Now i cannot open this file. I receive the message: "The file cannot be opened -108"
Welcome to

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help.. Lets start with these steps first.

To open Disk Utility, from the Applications folder, open Utilities, and then double-click the Disk Utility icon.

In the column on the left, click your startup disk.

Click the First Aid tab, and then click Repair Disk Permissions. Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.

Once thats done, restart the mac.. And then.. try to open the file again. Do you still get error 108 ?

You can get back to me on this same question, the same way you have been doing.. Just send me a reply.

Log into, then on the Top right, click on my questions

Then, click the "reply to expert" next to my face..