NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am trying to add a hyperlink to a text box in PowerPoint

I am trying to add a hyperlink to a text box in PowerPoint 2010 that opens an Excel workbook to a specific sheet and cell. I am using the "Add Hyperlink" menu and linking to the file (its in the same directory as the pptx) using the following format: AustinChalk_MudLog_Index.xlsx#'Area3'!A200. This works perfectly until I save and close the pptx. When I reopen it, the link is still there but does not include the "#'Area3'!A200" part so the workbook will open, but not to the cell that I want it too. How do it get PowerPoint to keep the link in full?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

NewITZone :

To insert and link a saved Excel spreadsheet onto your PowerPoint slide, do the following:

Important The linked object in your presentation displays all data from the active, top spreadsheet in the linked Excel workbook.

1. In PowerPoint 2010, on the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object.

2. In the Insert Object dialog box, select Create from file.

3. Click Browse, and in the Browse dialog box, browse to and then select the Excel workbook that contains the information that you want to insert, and then click OK.

4. In the Insert Object dialog box, select Link and then click OK.

To edit a linked Excel spreadsheet, do one of the following:

• To edit the data from within Excel, right-click the object on the slide, point to Linked Worksheet Object, and select Edit.

• To update the data on the slide to match the data in the original Excel file, right-click the object on the slide, and click Update Link.

Customer:

that is not what I am trying to do.

Customer:

I am using a "clear" text box to creat a clickable spot in a PPT file that will open an Excel workbook to a specific sheet and cell.

NewITZone :

1. In Excel, open the workbook containing that data that you want to insert.

2. Select and copy the data that you want.
    Keyboard shortcut You can press CTRL + C to copy the data.

1. In PowerPoint 2010, click the slide where you want to paste the copied worksheet data.

2. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the arrow below Paste, and select Paste Special.

3. In the Paste Special dialog box, under As, select a Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.

4. Select the Paste link check box and click OK.

NewITZone :

please try this.

Customer:

Ok that looks like it will work. thanks for your help!

NewITZone :

Great!!!

NewITZone :

If you are satisfied please ACCEPT and Leave FEEDBACK

NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.