John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

I have a column of prices , I want to insert a column next

I have a column of prices , I want to insert a column next to it which applies 10.5% to each of the #s Then I want to insert a column next to that one which applies 15% to the oriiginal set of #s also remind me how to apply the formula to the whole column
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

If you do not want to use formulas in the new column, just copy the original numbers to the new column (say column H). Then in a cell in an empty column type this number

1.105

Then select that cell and copy it.

Next select column H, right click on the selection and choose Paste Special, then select Multiply and click OK

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it be 1.105 or .105

also what would be th# XXXXX apply for 15%

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I also asked what # XXXXX apply for 15%

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

It should be 1.105 since you are using the mutiply function

As for 15% it should be 1.15

Hope this helps

John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I apply this to all the #s in column Itried dragging it didnt work
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Where did I say "drag". What I said was copy a single cell and paste special in the entire column

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I paste it on the top so that it applies to all the cells in the column?
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.
No,you need to select the entire column, then right click anywhere on the selection and choose Paste Special, then select Multiply and click OK

Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.
graphic