Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I completed a Power Point Presentation using animation. I

Customer Question

I completed a Power Point Presentation using animation. I now want to be able to email it to our customers without them seeing the slides on the side or be able to change it in anyway.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Professional Help :

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer

Professional Help :

which version of Power Point are you using?

Customer :

Power Point 2010

Professional Help :

Thanksx

Professional Help :

to do this please do the following

Professional Help :

1. Open the presentation that you want to copy, or, if you are working with a new presentation that has not been saved, save the presentation.

2. If you want to save your presentation to a CD, rather than to a network or to a local disk drive on your computer, insert a CD into the CD drive.

NOTES

• You can copy to a blank recordable CD (CD-R), a blank rewritable CD (CD-RW), or a CD-RW that contains existing content that can be overwritten.

• In PowerPoint, if you copy your presentation to a CD, make sure that you copy all of the files in a single operation. After the first set of files is copied, you cannot add any more files to the disc by using PowerPoint. However, you can use Windows Explorer to copy additional files to a CD-R or CD-RW that contains existing files. See Windows Help for more details.

1. Click the File tab.

1. Click Save & Send, click Package Presentation for CD, and then in the right pane, click Package for CD.

2. To choose the presentations that you want to copy and the order in which you want them to play, do the following:

• To add a presentation, in the Package for CD dialog box, click Add, and then in the Add Files dialog box, select the presentation that you want to add and click Add. Repeat this step for each presentation that you want to add. Repeat this step also if you want to add other related, non-PowerPoint files to the package.

NOTE The presentation that is currently open automatically appears in the Files to be copied list. Files that you linked to the presentation are included automatically, but they do not appear in the Files to be copied list.

• If you add more than one presentation, the presentations will appear on a Web page that lets you navigate to the contents of the CD in the order in which they are listed in the Files to be copied list in thePackage for CD dialog box. To change the order, select a presentation that you want to move, and then click the arrow buttons to move the presentation up or down in the list.

• To remove a presentation or file from the Files to be copied list, select the presentation or file, and then click Remove.

1. Click Options, and then under Include these files, do one or both of the following:

• To ensure that files that are linked to your presentation are included in the package, select the Linked files check box. Files that are linked to your presentation can include Microsoft Office Excel worksheets that are linked to charts, sound files, movie clips, and more.

• To use embeddedTrueType fonts, select the Embedded TrueType fontscheck box.

NOTES

• If your presentation does not currently include embedded fonts, checking the Embedded TrueType fonts check box includes the fonts when packaged. The Embedded TrueType fontscheck box applies to all presentations that are copied, including linked ones.

• If your presentation already includes embedded fonts, PowerPoint automatically honors the setting of the presentation to include the embedded fonts.

1. To require other users to supply a password XXXXX they can open or edit any of the copied presentations, under Enhance security and privacy, type the password XXXXX passwords that you want to require to open the presentation, edit it, or both.

Passwords apply to .pptx, .ppt, .potx, .pot, .ppsx, .pps, .pptm, .ppa, .ppam, .mhtml, and .mht files that have been converted to .ppt files, in the copied presentations. If any of the files that you copy already have passwords assigned to them, PowerPoint prompts you to choose between keeping the previously assigned passwords for those files and overriding them with the new passwords. If you choose to override the previously assigned passwords, they are no longer accepted for the copied versions of the files. However, they are still accepted for the original versions.

1. To inspect your presentation for hidden data and personal information, select the Inspect presentations for inappropriate or private informationcheck box.

2. Click OK to close the Options dialog box.

3. Do one of the following:

• If you are copying your presentation to a network or to a local disk drive on your computer, click Copy to Folder, enter a folder name and location, and then click OK.

• If you are copying your presentation to a CD, click Copy to CD.

Professional Help :

if you have any difficulties, please let me know

Customer :

This is not going on a CD just on my computer and then emailed out to people who work for me around the country so that they can send it out to potential customers.

Customer :

I need to be able to send it right from my computer to theres as a presentation.

Customer :

Please I am not that computer savvy, so please I need for you to walk me through this. I taught myself Power Point and that is how I did this presentation.

Professional Help :

ok now problem, lets do it together step by step

Customer :

Ok thanks'

Professional Help :

is the presentation open?

Customer :

Yes

Professional Help :

ok, now click the office button top left

Professional Help :

and choose publish

Professional Help :

tell me each time you have done a step so i can continue

Customer :

Is the office button top left the file button

Professional Help :

yes

Customer :

I do not see publish

Customer :

Can you take over my computer

Professional Help :

no I cant sorry

Customer :

ok then lets go

Professional Help :

when you click on file, you will see it there in the list

Customer :

Nope no publish just the regular things like save, save as or print or options etc

Professional Help :

ok, do you see Save & Send?

Customer :

yes

Professional Help :

ok, select that please, then choose create a video

Professional Help :

Now choose the size of the video, weather to use recorded narrations for the presentation, seconds to spend on each slide, the click Create Video.

Customer :

ok

Professional Help :

Select a location to save the video

Customer :

Yes I did desktop

Professional Help :

ok, click Save and wait for it to convert

Professional Help :

let me know when it has finished please

Customer :

It is saying window media encountered a problem

Professional Help :

while it was saving?

Customer :

Yes

Professional Help :

ok, close powerpoint, reopen and repeat the steps please

Professional Help :

how did it go?

Customer :

I am having aproblem, sorry I lost you before. But, does everyone have video media on their computer

Customer :

And how do you send it out.

Professional Help :

yes, all computers come with it

Professional Help :

you can just put the file in an email and send it as an attachment

Professional Help :

did it work making a video file from it?

Professional Help :

Hi there?

Customer :

I am still working on it,

Professional Help :

ok, no problem just let me know if you are encountering problems please

Customer :

Is there other way of doing it so that they can get it in power point and not video and use the clicking method or is this just the way it has to be

Professional Help :

this is the only way if you dont want them to edit it

Customer :

Ok then I guess I will have to work on timing as some go slow and some fast.

Customer :

My next question is will this be ongoing every month having this deduction or is it just the one time thing. I need to know as this is a business credit card

Professional Help :

it is a one time

Professional Help :

and only the amount you already deposited, I recieve a small % if you click Accept

Customer :

Ok thank you then I will try from here on timing.

Customer :

Ok thank you for all your help

Professional Help :

your welcome, please remember to click Accept if you found my assistance satisfactory

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues