NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Iam running MS Office 2010 Office Home & Business on my Win

Customer Question

Iam running MS Office 2010 Office Home & Business on my Win 7 (64) machines. I want to be able to run a".flv" video file within a PowerPoint presentation, either as a link to the file or imbedded. I know how o imbed a Windows Media Player in PP but it can't run a ".flv" file. The PP also has a build it "insert" for video files, but it also can't allow that file type. Is there a way to play a ".flv." file in PP?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

NewITZone :

• 1

Download VideoLAN VLC Media Player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

• 2

Launch PowerPoint from your desktop or the location that you have it installed. Open the hidden control toolbox on your main panel.

• NewITZone :

• 3

Click the "Popular" tab on the left of the PowerPoint options window. Check the "Show developer tab in the ribbon" check box.

• 4

Click "Developer," then click the "More Controls" icon displayed as a hammer and wrench. Select the "VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin v1/v2" button.

• 5

Select the position in PowerPoint to display your video. Click your mouse to re-size the area you want to place the flash video file.

• 6

Right-click the area you drew for your video, then scroll down the pop-up menu and select "Properties." Place the path/location of your flash video in the "MRL" window. Close the properties window. The flash video is loaded, activated and ready to play.

• NewITZone :

Any more question please let me know.

NewITZone :

Thank you.

NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
    Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    I did all of this and it looked like everything was working except when I open the More option under the Developer tab the FLV entry (VideoLan VLC...) does not exist in the list. I have the FLV Player installed. The shortcut is on the desktop and I can play a .flv file with the player. But it does not show up in the list of tools that I can select in the "More" drop down. I have rebooted my machine to see if that would get it in the list. It did not. I have installed the VLF Player on another of my machines and gone through the process with the same result - no VideoLan... tool in the list. What is the problem?
    Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
    ok no problem I am going to send you another procedure. Please wait. I am facing problem with network. Please give me 1hr.
    Thank you.
    Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
    The easiest way is to convert flv file.

Please visit this site http://www.convertdirect.com/import_flv_to_ppt.html

From here you can easily convert your flv file into any format.

If the file is in your HDD then visit here http://www.mediaconverter.org/.
    Upload your file and choose format.

Any more question please let me know.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    I have file converters but I want to avoid having to convert all my FLV files. According to you and the other literature, the FLV player will work in PP, but it does not show up. I must be missing something. How can I get it to show up in the "More" list in PP?
    Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
    Ok. Please see the image.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Any more question please let me know.

Thank you.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    You have not told me how to get FLV file to run in PP. It did not work as you directed.
    Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

Insert FLV to PowerPoint step-by-step

1. Download and install VideoLAN VLC player on your computer. Download VideoLAN VLC player.

2. Download FLV Video from YouTube or other video sharing web sites. And rename the FLV Video, like name.flv. Well, the most important is that, the video can be played back normally.

3. Find the hidden control Toolbox out in PowerPoint.

Click Office button ->PowerPoint Options -> Popular -> tick "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon".

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

3. Click "Developer”, click the icon "More Controls" which is displayed as hummer and wrench in the Controls column.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Then select "VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin v1/v2" in the pop-up dialog box.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

4. Click the position in your PowerPoint where you want to display the shape, press the mouse button and resize the area you like to place.

5. Right click the area you drew and go to Properties tab, and complete the value of attribute "MRL" with the path of the YouTube Flash video file, like D:\Temp\2008\temp.flv, then close the tab. Now the YouTube Flash video in your hard drive is ready to play in your presentation.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
    Please remember,
    In order to avoid video codec problems on different computers and make sure the video can be played back normally, the FLV format is not recommended to use in the PowerPoint. In view of the popularity and highly compatible cross-platform features of flash movie in SWF, we may try to convert the FLV files to SWF,wmv,avi,etc and then insert the SWF,wmv,avi,etc file to PowerPoint.
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    Relist: Incomplete answer.
    I want to be able to fly a FLV video file in PowerPoint. I installed the TLV Player but it does not appear in the list of "more" tools in PP.
    Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
    Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    Yes I am still waiting. The earlier proposed solution did not work.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
    Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

Did you followed the instructiom. I told you to download VLC player not TLV player.

Step by step:

Insert FLV to PowerPoint step-by-step

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    OK. Here is status. I have carefully downloaded tne VideoLan VLC Player from the lik you provided. The shortcut to the VLC Media Player is now on my desktop. I can open and run it. When I open PowerPoint and use the Developer/More to open the window to insert the player, I find "VLC ActiveX Plugin & IE Web Plugin v1" and also one that is "v2". When I insert either of them and open the window in the slide, PP crashes. Everything seems to be in place except that it makes PP crash. I get the message that PP had to close. Windows tries to find a solution. then PP restarts but the same thing happens again. Can you tell me how to get over this hump?
    Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

Please try this

Add a Shockwave Flash Object

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Open PowerPoint and create a new slide to place your FLV video. Now select “Developer” at the top tool bars then choose “more controls” and a small dialog window will appear. Find “Shockwave Flash Object”.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Draw a rectangular box on your slide, then right click on it and select “Properties”. Fill in the blanks of the item “Movie” with the link address or the located document of FLV video and close the properties bar. Press F5 and you can preview the FLV in PowerPoint.

Any more question please let me know.

Thank you.