Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

Dear helper, I intalled Microsoft Office 2011 a few days ago

Customer Question

Dear helper, I intalled Microsoft Office 2011 a few days ago on a new latop that was mounted with the Starters version. After working on some word documents I keep getting a message "Micorsoft Word werkt niet meer" meaning as much as Microsoft Word stopped working. Searching the net it appeared that many people encounter this problem but I didn't find a fix. Do you have one? Thanks a lot.
Kees Maas
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

It looks like the previous starters office was not removed or completely removed first before installing Office 2011. Please try the following to uninstall Microsoft office program(s), including the new one.

Please download and install the Revo Uninstaller program at
, then open it, and select Microsoft Office program, then click on Uninstall
, then select the Advanced option , then select all whenever prompted, and delete and confirm
, if there is any other Microsoft office program, follow the above steps again to remove it

Then restart the computer, and reinstall your Office 2011.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I uninstalled Office but now I can't install it again. It sais (in Dutch) that it need programs that are not installed. I suppose it expects the Start version to be on my disk to install the full version. What should I do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I never got an answer to my question above. Moreover, uninstalling Office wasn't the solution. It cost me much time because I couldn't get Office reinstalled under the same product key and I had to negotiate for a new key. Then the problem surfaced again immediately. After many phone calls and much searching on the web it finally turned out to have something to do with the file, but I don't understand the ins and outs. I hope you don't mind me clicking on Not satified.
Sorry, I was not at my computer when you replied, don't worry, I will always reply back to you asap when I'm back at the computer. I will continue to work with you.
What kind of programs it says that are not installed? Did you purchase the upgrade version of office? If so, you can install any other previous version, then install your office.
Or just install the trial version, then enter your product key later:

Also, close office programs/files
, then click on Start and type %AppData% and press Enter
, then open the Microsoft folder, then Templates folder
, then right-click on the normal... file, and rename it to something else
, then check office.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, but the problem was already solved.

OK, great. If you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know. Thank you.