MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN, Computer Support
Experience:  Engineer,2yrs+ exp as a software developer
22727371

I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 and when I am

I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 and when I am in a word document I can not insert a page number in the header and footer. I go to insert header or footer then More page numbers from office.com then No online content available.this has only just started happening as it worked great when I first purchased it. could you please assist me in fixing this error.
Welcome to justanswer.com

What is your computer's operating system ?

for example - xp,vista,windows 7 etc.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am operating xp

Follow the steps below :-

1) Close Ms-Word

2) Then navigate to the following folder-:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\Microsoft \Document Building Blocks\1033

3) Then locate and rename Building Blocks.dotx file to Building Blocks.OLD

Then open word and tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry this didn't work

My computer wouldn't recognise this

Thanks for replying,

In which drive of your computer, operating system is installed ?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

C drive?

Then go to my computer > c drive >Documents and Settings > (your user name) > Application Data > Microsoft > Document Building Blocks >1033

Please tell me which folder you can't find ?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Documents and settings
Please enable Show Hidden Files And Folders option and tell me if you are able to see the Documents and settings folder.

Follow the steps below to enable Show Hidden Files And Folders option -:

Open my computer > go to Tools > Folder Options > View > select "Show Hidden Files And Folders" option.

Then press ok.

Regards!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure whether this is relevent but windows updates has an error that reads 80070005

We will perform a system restore -:

Please go to start menu > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore

In the System Restore window, select the Choose a different restore point option, and click on Next.

In the list of available Restore Points that comes up, choose a date & time when your computer was working alright.

Now follow the instructions accordingly to restore your computer back to the date & time you specified, then reboot and check if the issue persists now as well.

Tell me how it goes!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed your instructions and the error is still there
Error code 80070005 indicates that you have incorrect permission to install updates.

1) First of all please =>click here<= to download SubInACL tool.After the download completes run the downloaded file to install SubInACL in your system.

2) I will give you a guide, which will help you to solve the windows update error.
Please =>click here<= to access the guide.

Follow the instructions of the guide carefully.Please don't hesitate to ask if you face any problem.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please explain

Change the values named YOURUSERNAME to be the Windows user account that you are logged in with.

Note: The YOURUSERNAME value should match the name of your user folder at c:\Documents and Settings (or c:\users on Windows Vista and higher). You can also find the value to use for YOURUSERNAME by launching Task Manager and looking at the user name listed in the User Name column of the Processes tab.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried what you suggested and it wouldn't accept the command prompts
1) Please press ctrl key +shift key + esc key to launch task manager.

2) Then go to the processes tab.

3) Then under username column your username will be there.Note it down.

Please see the picture below -:
graphic

You have to edit the contents which you need to copy and paste in a notepad.You have to change the Your username parts of the contents to the user name you noted down in the step 3.Do this until you have changes all Your username to to the user name you noted down in the step 3.

Please see the picture below -:

graphic

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still not working
What is the security program of your computer ?

for example - norton,mcafee etc.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Symantec Endpoint

Symantec Endpoint Protection

Please => click here <= to download a microsoft fixit.After the download completes run the downlaoded file to solve your windows update error issue.

Tell me how it goes!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry still the same
Can you please tell me the name of the update which cannot be installed ?

The name of the update starts with "KB".

Thanks,