NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

NA - 112

Customer Question

MSAccess 2007. I open Form 1 to default record, then can select a pre-existing record based on combo box, review content, and open Forms 2 & 3 to that same record by buttons on Form 1 (these buttons open Form 2/3, then close Form 1). When done with Form 2/3, I click button on Form 2/3 to open Form 1 (to that same record) & close Form 2/3. All of that works great. The problem comes when I then want to select a NEW record on Form 1 - I cannot get Form 1 to refresh to that value. By the way, the code for the combo box is on "On Change": Private Sub Combo203_Change() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[DbID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo203], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.Refresh End Sub Thanks!
The "Filter" property is changing when I go back from Form 2/3 to Form 1. I think this is the problem?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this problem about an hour ago! Please do not work on it. I am trying to figure out how to remove this question. 

Solution: The "filter" property on Form 1 was being set by Form 2/3 so that it would only allow the ID for that one, particular field. I added code to the combo box's "On change" property to clear the filter before selecting a value and updating the form like it. 

Done and closed - but thank you this is a great service and I most definitely will keep it in mind. 

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I am not waiting for an answer - I solved it myself. Please cancel - thank you very much!!!