nstgriz
nstgriz, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been answering people's questions about Microsoft Office since 1995.
64315235

I have a microsoft wireless keyboard model number 1394. I cant

Customer Question

I have a microsoft wireless keyboard model number 1394. I can't figure out how to make the common microsoft excel shortcut keys work with the keyboard. In excel f2 is edit f5 is goto a named range. Now f2 is undo and f5 is open a file. How do I get it back to the normal excel functions?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  nstgriz replied 2 years ago.

nstgriz :

Hi, I'd be glad to help you restore the function keys to their default settings.

nstgriz :
  1. On the Tools menu, click Customize.
  2. Click Keyboard.

nstgriz :

3.The Customize Keyboard dialog box appears
4. Click Reset All… (The button will be shaded out if you have not made any keyboard customizations)
5. Click Yes in the pop up box
6. Click Close
7. Click Close on the Customize dialog box

nstgriz :

Let me know if this doesn't take care of it for you.

nstgriz :

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done a restore. The keyboard defaults are not the normal defaults. Are you familiar with this keyboard?
Expert:  nstgriz replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Yes. I am running a different revision of the same keyboard, actually.

Are you telling me that you've already gone to the customize keyboard dialog and reset all function key mappings ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  nstgriz replied 2 years ago.
Please go to control panel > keyboards.

Click the Key Settings tap and "restore defaults"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did and in excel f2 still gets undo instead of edit.... etc. in the control panel keyboard settings there is a custom key settings and under that a key settings list. the default within that system is undo for f2. I tried adding microsoft excel and tell it to use default settings for excel and that hasn't worked either.
Expert:  nstgriz replied 2 years ago.
Would you like me to try to remote in and fix the problem ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
possibly but on my way out of the office will have to do it tomorrow morning. thank you
Expert:  nstgriz replied 2 years ago.
I will not likely be available tomorrow morning. You can get another technician to help you at that point or if you have a moment to visit teamviewer.com I can help you now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it didn't resolve the problem. I called the manufacturers technical support and after troubleshooting realized I had a bad keyboard. I just exchanged it for another one. I am not sure how to remove the question on here but will look today.