John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

I am taking an Exel spreadsheet coarse and I cannot seem to

Customer Question

I am taking an Exel spreadsheet coarse and I cannot seem to figure out how to change a range of cells to upper or lower case from the( formula bar)
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Without code you have to use individual cell formulas to change text to upper or lower.

To convert all the text in say column A from lower to upper, find an empty column, say column K, and type the following formula in K1

=UPPER(A1)

then fill this formula down to as many cells as you need

You can then copy column K and use Paste Special > Values to paste it back into column A

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the OK button on my COMPUTER I Have gotten all the way with this problem in exel until I come to that place. It erases everything.I Went to HOW TO CHANGE THE CASE OF TEXT IN EXEL. article previosly published under Q263580+PRINTED IT OUT IF THIS HELPS YOU HELP ME that would be great. Help please and thanks
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

First, let me know if you were able to try the formula that I gave you for changing case.

If so please go ahead and click Accept so I can continue helping with the other issue

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i was not!!!
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

What was the problem? Would you like me to send you a sample file to show you how it works

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please so far i am not getting anywhere and I have a caorse test in 3daysCry
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok here is a sample file

Attachment: 2012-03-07_201403_upper_lower.xls

The formulas are in the yellow cells. Try typing data in column A and see how the case changes in column B and C

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to get in contact with just answer before I can accept, as my account is all messed up. I can't login no matter what I try so I need a phone number to get in contact with them.The one listed on there page--1-XXX-XXX-XXXX is not Valid in my area which is Alberta. Seems I paid them double. please help
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok what happens when you try to click Accept, do you get an error message?

Anyway to contact JustAnswer you need to send an email to support@justanswer.com or to info@justanswer,com

If you still need help let me know and I will try to have a moderator contact you

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need an number to contact JUST ANSWER as they have overcharged me the # XXXXX gave me is 1XXX-XXX-XXXX it doesnot work in this area. Alberta I need a #. Thanks
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Ok but you have not accepted my answer yet. Please first click Accept so I can get paid for assisting you (that is the only way I get credit for helping)

John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Expert:  John D replied 2 years ago.

Thanks.

Did you send email to JA customer service email addresses that I gave you. If not, please do so in order that I can make reference to these emails when I contact the site moderator to help you