NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

NA - 112

Customer Question

MS Works 8 How do I get the $ sign and decimal point to fallow from the data base in a mail merge?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
If there is a simple answer to my problem please let me know. I just don't want to have to jump thru a numer of hoops to be able to mail merge each month.

Thanks
Bill
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
From what I am getting off the Internet other people have run into the same problem. There seems to be a workaround but for a 70 year old person I don't think I have enough energy to go that route every time I want to mail merge. I am taking the works 8 program out of my computer and going back to my old Works 4.5a program and having Windows XP put onto the desk top of my Windows 7. It works great in Windows XP. I have used Works 4.5a ever since it came out many years ago and don't know why they destroyed it? Please don't ask why I don't go with Office 2010. I did and it is the most mind boggling program I have ever tried to learn!
Thanks for your trying to help but unless you have an easy way out of my problem please discontinue my question.

Thank you very much,
Bill