jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support
Experience:  Network Administrator
2888018

Hello I have IE8 on all of my pcs and I just built a web page

Hello I have IE8 on all of my pc's and I just built a web page at
incomeopportunities{DOT}tv/resica and the images are not showing up only the placeholders and a small square with an X in it, now in Chrome and Firefox the images all show and there are 2 at the middle and bottom of the page whats UP ?????

And why ????
Greetings.

This sounds like security issues inside Internet Explorer. You may have to adjust the settings on each machine.

There's a couple ways you can do this.

On any of the machines, go to start > run. Or for vista/7, go to start > all programs > accessories > run.

Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter. Click the advanced tab. Scroll down the list to "Multimedia" and uncheck the box that says "Show Image Place Holders" also be sure directly underneath it that "Show Pictures" is checked.

If that doesn't work, back to inetcpl.cpl, this time click security. Click trusted sites. Click sites. Uncheck the box at the bottom left (require SSL). Then at the top, type this exactly: *.incomeopportunities.tv and click ad. Click close, then drag the slider down to the bottom (this only affects trusted sites). Click apply/ok. Close, reopen Internet Explorer, and try opening the website again.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well the settings are already set up correctly ????

"Multimedia" and uncheck the box that says "Show Image Place Holders" also be sure directly underneath it that "Show Pictures" is checked.

I have not had many other problems with IE but this one site even when I go to

incomeopportunities{DOT}tv/resica/images and try to view the images alone nothing but little squares and a X

Did you attempt the Trusted sites step as well?

The little square X's are place holders. Your virus scanner can cause the same problem within IE, thus why I wanted to try adding it as a trusted site.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well when doing

type this exactly: *.incomeopportunities.tv

it will not let me enter it as it will only except https:// perfix

That's because you didn't uncheck the box on the bottom left. I will repost my instructions on that portion.

Click trusted sites. Click sites. Uncheck the box at the bottom left (require SSL). Then at the top, type this exactly: *.incomeopportunities.tv and click ad. Click close, then drag the slider down to the bottom (this only affects trusted sites). Click apply/ok. Close, reopen Internet Explorer, and try opening the website again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did all that you stated and the link was accepted but still the same problem no images

No sir same problem ???

Strange, I just tested it on mine, same issue on IE, and I'm not running an antivirus.

Give me a few to play with it and see if I can get it working on my machine. But same symptoms, works on chrome and firefox, does not work on IE. (I'm also running 8).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok

Its for sure something with the code, or maybe even the pictures (which I doubt).

But it does look correct on my end as well, in terms of the link and source. Odd all around. I'll keep messing with it though. Any chance you can upload any other pictures in the meantime while I'm testing?
Alright I think I know the deal. Its a problem with the image itself. Such as the rendering mode. It should be RGB. If you created the image in say adobe or whatever.

You can confirm this easily.

Simply go to ANY website with a picture. Download that picture. Then upload it to your website (as a test picture).

See if you can view that picture through Internet Explorer. If you can, you'll need to open the two pictures you created, and save them down either to a different format or what not. Not sure which imaging program you're using.

Whether this is "by design" for internet explorer or not, I'm unsure, but this is for sure the case. I of course can't upload a fresh test image for you to your site so you'll have to. The reason I said to download a picture from another website (right click, save as), is you'll know it has the proper formatting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I just created a new page at /resica/index2.htm using frontpage and same problem

It must be the image size because I have tried it with some other images and it works so I will set the image size down

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I have chaged the images and saved them as gif files I have tried making the new page in dreamweaver and edit plus and they all show up the same I have tried inserting other images and all is good so I do not understand why these are not showing up as they are just image files ???

LOL LOL
Its just how the image was saved, its not that its a jpeg. You can still load jpegs, the formatting of the jpeg is just off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well that is what I am playing with now as the originals were psd files and I saved them as jpg files and I was just trying to edit the file size using Microsoft image viewer and after I edited them and tried to save them it could not save them and they got deleted so I am still trying to figure this one out
Alright, keep me posted. At least we've discovered the root of the issue here. I'm sure if you created a picture in mspaint, saved it as a jpeg, uploaded, it'd be viewable by IE8.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK I corrected the problem now all is good what a strange thing and of course I do not work with PS very much so thanks so much