Travis
Travis, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience in the IT field.
19765367

hello, i just purchased microsoft office 2010 and am getting

Customer Question

hello, i just purchased microsoft office 2010 and am getting an error message when i try to email a word document. the error message reads "word couldnt send the mail because of mapi failure: unspecified error."
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.

bobnosnarb :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is Travis and I would like to assist you with your question.

bobnosnarb :

Are you using outlook or outlook express to send and receive emails? If not, the send to email function built into word may not work.

JACUSTOMER-0ze7wu31- :

I'm honestly not sure which Outlook I am using; but I do want to configure Word to send documents via yahoo email. Of course, at the moment I am unable to send any document via email from Word.

bobnosnarb :

I would check to make sure you have a mail profile setup. If not, then it won't work. You can check this by going to the start menu, control panel, user accounts, mail. Click show profiles to see if you have a profile setup.

bobnosnarb :

To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:

Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110) if Use SSL then Port 995
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25) if Use SSL and TLS then Port 465

JACUSTOMER-0ze7wu31- :

ok, i will check that now

JACUSTOMER-0ze7wu31- :

in windows 7 under "user accounts" there is no "mail" option..

bobnosnarb :

Do you have outlook installed?

JACUSTOMER-0ze7wu31- :

no, i bought the office 2010 home & student version, not the business version--my version doesnt include outlook

bobnosnarb :

Ok, are you using outlook express?

bobnosnarb :

If you don't have an email account setup in outlook or outlook express it will not work. You can however save the document and attach it to your yahoo email to send.

JACUSTOMER-0ze7wu31- :

Ya, that's what I've been doing with my documents--thanks for looking into this for me

bobnosnarb :

No problem. If you found my answer helpful please click accept so I may be compensated for my time. Positive feedback and tips are always appreciated. Thanks, Travis