Pam R
Pam R, Computer Specialist
Experience:  13 yrs+ supporting Office issues
37043666

I have PowerPoint 2010. I want to insert about 10 songs

Customer Question

I have PowerPoint 2010.

I want to insert about 10 songs that play across slides. When one ends the next one starts. PowerPoint instructions says that when you insert audio on top of one another, they will automatically play one after the other. This is not the case, they play simultaneously! How can I insert 10 audio files on the first slide and have them play one after the other? Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pam R replied 4 years ago.

Pam R :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you. Could you tell me the format of your audio files please.

Customer:

MP3.'s They insert very easily and play. The only problem is they play simultaneously instead of one after the other.

Pam R :

ok, if the presentation is not confidential I could take a look at it for you. Could you go to wikisend.com and upload your file with the mp3's in it. You will be given a code which you need to give to me and I can then download the file and try to resolve it and return it to you the same way. Wikisend is not a totally secure website so do not use this method if the file is confidential.

Customer:

I uploaded a PP with three songs on the first slide. This is just like my other presentation. They all pla y simultaneously.

Pam R :

can you give me the code for me to download. Its the code that you were given when you uploaded. many thanks

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/467150/Test for Just Answer.pptx

Pam R :

thanks I will take a look at it now for you

Expert:  Pam R replied 4 years ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/288932/Test for Just Answer.pptx

the music is now playing one after another and not simultaneously. I changed the setting to automatic from play across sides. Also set the slide lengths suitable for the length of the track. Of course you will need to set start and stop times in the real presentation to get them in time with your presentation. If you have any further difficulties please feel free to come back to me and we can continue to work on it. thanks very much

If you are happy with the advice I have given you today, then please press the ACCEPT button so that I may be paid for my time with you today. Thank you.

If you would like to have me support you with another question in the future please go to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-pamr/ and I will be able to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pam,

I tried that before on my real presentation. The problem is, the song will only play the length of the slide if it does not say 'Play across slides'. I want each slide to play for 8 seconds and the songs to play continuously from the beginning regardless of the length of the slide (the 8 seconds for each slide is automatic).

I just downloaded your ppt. The first slide never changes (notice that you set the slide for 2 hours). Why would I want a slide show to stay on one slide for all of the songs? I want the slides to change after 8 seconds with the music in the background. Maybe it just cannot be done.
Expert:  Pam R replied 4 years ago.
I am continuing to look at this for you.