NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need help with creating pages in Word 2010 so I can save

I need help with creating pages in Word 2010 so I can save them in html and upload them to a google Web site. The site is for my personal use not for a business.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have some specific questions about building pages in MS Word 2010, then saving them in html format and getting them into google sites to build my personal Web page. I tired to come up with specific steps to make it simple but was directed all over to get answers. I have come up with my specific question, they are listed below. thank you

1. What is the best way to convert Word 2010 pages into Html, to later use for building a personal Google Web site?

3. How is Gmail used to convert Word pages to Web pages?

4. What is Word Web App and how does it work? Is SharePoint a good option to convert Word pages to html Web pages for personal use?

5. Have you ever built pages in Word 2010 and used them to make a Google Web site or have you ever advised or help anyone who has?

6. What Word 2010 features do you recommend I become familiar with before building my pages, I am a novice user and am familiar with Word 2007.

7. Do you have any helpful tips that can help me get through this process?

8. Do you have any specific cautions or things that I should be aware of when making my pages and saving them in HTML to use for a personal Google Web site?

Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
At first create a page using word 2010 then click on office button-->save as-->other formats-->expand save as type, select web page(*.htm,*.html).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it ok to save the pages in a regular folder on my computer? can I save them in that location as an html to be uploaded?

Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
At first you have to save them to a regular folder in your HDD. Then you can upload it to web.
Note: When you create a page using word 2010. You must save all the files (like images,musics etc which includes with the page) on a folder.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this mean you save all the specific files separately, or will they save all together as one file? Do I get a copy of our conversation, I am afraid I will not remember how to do all this. This information is very helpful so far.
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
Yes You can copy our conversation. I already made a lot of web site using dreamweaver, frontpage also using word 2010 and 2007. I suggest you to create a folder and rename it XXXXXwebsite. This is your root folder. Create another folder Inside this and rename it to assets. In here you can save your additional files (like images,musics etc which includes with the page)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am familiar with Word 2007. Are there any specific changes in the Word 2010 applications, or new features you would recommend I become familiar with befor building my pages?
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
No actually both of them are same.
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
To add special look/features you have to know some html codes. Because word 2007/2010 have limited opportunity.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Through my research I learned that one way I could save the pages to html is to store my pages on line, on a SharePoint account and incorporate Word Web App. Do you recommend this method for my personal Web site? (oh am I supposed to hit accept for these questions when I recieve your answers?

Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can follow this way to store your files. Any more question please let me know.

If you are satisfied enough you can click on accept and leave positive feedback. Bonus will be appreciable.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think that I will use the first way of making the Word pages and saving them in a folder labeled as Website. The steps are a little clearer in my mind.

I just have one last question. Do you have any words of cautions When making my Word pages? can you think of anything in paticular that I might run into troubles with in while making my pages?

Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.
Yes careful about hyperlinks. First time, do not plan to make a huge site. At first make a personal site with 5 or 6 pages. When you get familiar, you can create a big site.
Thank you.
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.