Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trained in Microsoft Office from 2000 through to latest version 2010.
65126503

ra-fc

Customer Question

When I open anything in Office 2007, I get the message "Office application does not match". Sometimes I just click, it goes away and message or program comes on with no problem. But sometimes it leaves me with a blank screen.

This may be related to my re-installing Office 2000 Access a few months back. I got db records from former exec, whom I replaced. I reinstalled Access 2003 because I know how to use it and like it better than anything new. I have both it and 2007 available on computer. I can get all the old Access records on Access 2003 but it and other apps, like Word 2007, and other 2007 programs which I use and like always have that message and sometimes work and sometimes not.

I've tried the patch recommended on your website but it always says the patch is already installed. What can you recommend??? Allan Dornseif
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 4 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue.

Steve Herrod :

Can you confirm if Business Contact Manager is also installed on this machine?

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

Yes

Steve Herrod :

ok, thanks

Steve Herrod :

can you download and run this file?

Steve Herrod :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b1fadb55-e4e1-4f67-a69a-3e6bf9b130f0

Steve Herrod :

copy and paste that link into a browser

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

Like I said in message, the business office manager is already installed.

Steve Herrod :

Yes, Business Office Manager is already installed - this file is an update designed to correct the version mismatch errors

Steve Herrod :

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=6250

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

Same message. Update already installed and updated.

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

It says the same thing. Already installed and applied

Steve Herrod :

ok - thanks. What version of Windows is installed?

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

Vista

Steve Herrod :

Ok, do you use the Business Contact Manager component at all? If not the simplest fix might be to uninstall that component as well as the associated SQL install.

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

Never use it, but I don't see it under all the programs listed in MSOffice any program or Tools there are 10 listed under "tools" and 5 listed under "2010 tools" None of them show BCM.

Steve Herrod :

Sorry for the delay - the reply has only just come through, I think there might be some intermittent chat issues

Steve Herrod :

If you go to Start-->Control Panel there should be an option to Uninstall a Program. In the list that loads up should be Business Contact Manager for Outlook/Office 2007.

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

Well, now I apparently don't get the message. I tried several docs. But now, some of them don't open at all. I just get the blue Word screen with nothing on it. Some are sent as doc.s and some as Word 2003, 2007, etc. Shouldn't 2007 be able to open them all?

JACUSTOMER-gnzxp7n0- :

I need to leave now and won't be able to continue until tommorow.

Steve Herrod :

2007 should be able to open them all

Steve Herrod :

no problem, we can pick up whenever suits you