rjpoirier
rjpoirier, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ , MCTS, MCITP certified with 6 + years hands on experience.
6344629

On Office for Mac 2011, how do I insert a Word document in

Customer Question

On Office for Mac 2011, how do I insert a Word document in outline form to powerpoint?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.

rjpoirier :

Hello

rjpoirier :

Thank you for posting your question

rjpoirier :

Please let me know when you are back online so I may assist you with this question

rjpoirier :

Thank you

rjpoirier :

R.J.

Customer :

I am online

rjpoirier :

Okay

rjpoirier :

If you would like we can try starting a remote desktop session so I can help you directly

rjpoirier :

If you would like to do that please click on the link above

Customer :

I tried to have my computer :"joined". Didn't seem to work. You could tell me what menu options to try and I could let you know how that is going.

rjpoirier :

Okay

rjpoirier :

Do you see the insert function>

Customer :

Yes. Normally, I would go to Insert/Slides from/outline, but the message says "Cannot open file"

rjpoirier :

There should be an option to insert text

rjpoirier :

There should be an option to insert text]

Customer :

There is no option that says insert text

rjpoirier :

Do you see the home tab?

rjpoirier :

If so click on it

Customer :

yes, i am on it in PP.

rjpoirier :

okay there should be an option there called

rjpoirier :

insert

Customer :

On the Mac version, I do not see it

rjpoirier :

Full Size Image

Customer :

Yes, sorry, see it

rjpoirier :

That's okay

rjpoirier :

You can insert a text

rjpoirier :

from that menu

rjpoirier :

If that is not what you are looking for

Customer :

If I insert, it does not hold the outline numbers and letter.s It shows the text without, which is the same as a cut and paste function. I am trying to transfer a word document outline to PP, which apparently it does fine in PC mode of Powerpoint.

rjpoirier :

You can open up the word document

rjpoirier :

and click on the send to option and there should be an option to send to powerpoint

rjpoirier :

That is the only way to bring a full document into powerpoint on the mac

Customer :

Right. On Word for Mac, there does not seem to be the menu. I have looked.

rjpoirier :

Okay

rjpoirier :

Let me get you the information for doing that

rjpoirier :

Do you see the file menu?

rjpoirier :

In the top left hand corner of Word?

rjpoirier :

Click on that and there will be an option in there to send to

Customer :

yes

Customer :

Doesn't exist on Mac. I am on the new 2011 Office for Mac.

rjpoirier :

Okay, so you don't have the file menu or the send to?

Customer :

No. I know it exists on PC version, and that would be dead simple. Also on PP, there is a way i to import, but it says it won't take my file. I tried saving that file in different ways, but no go.

rjpoirier :

Oka

rjpoirier :

Okay

rjpoirier :

Can you post the word document for me so I can access it

rjpoirier :

and I will insert the file into powerpoint for you

Customer :

RJ. I have to catch a plane. Is there a way to continue this in 4 hours or so?

Customer :

Also, how do I post it to you?

rjpoirier :

Sure, please reconnect to the session and repost

rjpoirier :

Join back into this chat session and post

Customer :

Will do.

Customer :

JAke

Customer :

Can I continue on Tuesday?

rjpoirier :

Sure thing

rjpoirier :

Please post back on Tuesday and we can continue then.

Customer :

sorry, i had to step out. I am back.

Customer :

But we can continue on tueday. how do I get in touch with you?