Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,

RA - 112

Customer Question

The vertical margin  seems to be set at Zero... when I open a new word document the cursor is at the very top of the page... and seems to cause me problems with typing the documet... I don't know what is causing the problem... but I thought I could set Vertical Margins in word

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon. Thanks for using JustAnswer. I'm XXXXX XXXXX, aka "DrKlahn."

This sounds like Word is in the wrong View. Depending on whether Normal view or Page Layout view is being used, the same document can appear quite differently on the Word window. See the image below for an example. The document is the same in both cases, but in the upper half, Word is in Normal View (see the highlighted icon in the lower left corner of the Word window.) In the lower half, Word is in Page Layout View (see the highlighted icon again).

The margins are there, but they do not appear in Normal View. Only when Page Layout View is selected does the page appear as it will when it is printed.

graphic

Does this resolve the problem?

If anything in this answer is unclear, or you'd like something explained further, don't hesitate to ask. Though I have flagged this as an Answer, please do not Accept it until it is clear that the problem has been located and the answer is satisfactory. Further discussion is always possible, even after an Answer has been accepted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't remember being at the site before today... but I apparently was because they had my e-mail... I was having a problem signing in... and messed around with the process for about 45 minutes... or so... the problem I mentioned has been bothering me for weeks... on and off. Your answer is not the answer I need in this case. As I tried all those results. I did find out what was causing the problem in that 45 minutes I was talking about... however. I don't know about paying for your service or not or how it works... so please let me know.
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I can not think of a reason that Word would produce the effects described in the problem statement other than an incorrect View, so I'll opt out at this time. The will encourage other experts to bring their knowledge to bear on the problem. I wish you a timely and successful conclusion to this problem.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry I'm not sure how the site works... but I figured out the problem for myself a few days ago... is there a way I can unpost the question?