Erik B.
Erik B., Consultant
Experience:  Well versed in several editions of Microsoft Office.

Hi, Yesterday I was working in PowerPoint and when I went

Yesterday I was working in PowerPoint and when I went to use my question mark I got the capital French E with the accent instead of the question mark. I just now went to use the # XXXXX and instead of getting that I got a forward slash.

I tried changing my keyboard back to English and that didn't help. I changed my keyboard and that also didn't help. I can use either of the two keyboards in any other program and I am not having this problem.

Please help me resolve this.

Thanks,
Marg
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thank for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you today.

Can you tell me what version of Powerpoint you are using? Is it 2003, 2007, 2010?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's 2003.
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for the delay. A couple more questions:

1. Does the problem remain after a reboot?
  2. Is the problem only in one presentation, or multiple?
  3. If you start a new presentation is the keyboard layout still not right?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. I will reboot the computer and try it a let you know.

2. Yes, it is only in PowerPoint...the keyboard works fine in Word and on the Internet and in Outlook etc.

3. Yes the problem stays the same. I tried starting a new presentation and had the same thing happen.

I'll get back to you in a minute about whether a reboot does anything.

Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.
OK thank you. I will wait.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you...my Internet connection crashed after I rebooted.

Yes, the reboot seems to have done the trick. I am now able to use my ? on PowerPoint.

Next time I'll remember to do that before asking for help!

Thanks

Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

No problem! Thanks for coming back and updating me!

Have a great weekend!

Erik B., Consultant
Experience: Well versed in several editions of Microsoft Office.