NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Hi. Why does my powerpoint slide display BEYOND the actual

Customer Question

Hi. Why does my powerpoint slide display BEYOND the actual slide borders when I view it in slide show mode. You know, it shows the "canvas" working area where things bleed off the border that weren't supposed to show up that way in slideshow mode. help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is Jess and I am happy to assist you today.

1. What is your Operating System, Windows XP, Vista or 7?
  2. What version of PowerPoint are you using, 2003, 2007 or 2010?
  3. If the presentation does not contain sensitive information, can you send it to me so that I can check the issue myself? If so, please upload from http://wikisend.com. After the upload, you will get a 6digit File ID. Post the ID when you reply so that I can download your file.

Regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using ppt 2010. we use Dell pc's at work. Winows 7 enterprise.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you send the file to wikisend.com so that I can check it myself? (If it does not contain sensitive data)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't do that, sorry. The weird thing is, for most of us, it works just fine. I got an email from a secretary saying she and some otehr admins were having this issue.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I understand. Please confirm on this:

In the PPT 2010 program where the problem is seen, are all other files having the same issue? Or only with this particular file? This is to test if the problem is the file itself or your PowerPoint.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she is only having trouble with this file. Is t here a setting that forces the file to open full screen in slideshow mode, rather than showing the edges that are not supposed to show up?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you post a screen shot of even the single slide that shows the problem "bleed"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. give me a second to figure it out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
156094
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
fyi, the light blue on either side is not supposed to show up. and the darker blue graphic on the top left should be cropped in slideshow mode, not sticking out over the white border.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
It is really hard to figure out since this involves element properties in each slide or master.

Are there several slides in the presentation? Is it possible that you do SAVE AS and remove the text and other objects and upload it for me? Just leave the problem object and delete the sensitive parts or contents. Just make sure that you do SAVE AS to create the new file for troubleshooting purposes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Please make a copy of the original powerpoint file by doing SAVE AS and create a new file. Then in that new file, remove all contents and leave only the objects that are causing the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?