rjpoirier
rjpoirier, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ , MCTS, MCITP certified with 6 + years hands on experience.

Good morming, Dustin I have the product number f0r theMS 2010.

Customer Question

Good morming, Dustin I have the product number f0r theMS 2010. You said you would help me transfer the program. Is there anything else I need? You have made me feel this can be done - and I wasn't so sure it could before I talked with you. Arlene
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning, I was working with Dustin. I want to transfer my MS 2010 Professional Plus software from my Vista desk top to my new Windows 7 laptop. I can not find my discs, so Dystin had me contact Recover Keys for the product number. Then he was going to help me transfer the software. My question had a "waiting for expert." I figured he was busy, so I waited.

Dustin was most helpfull and I want to get this software moved. Is this possible? Do I need anyuthing else to accomplish this task? I have a transfer cable for XP to Vista - do I need that or something else?

Many thanks for your help. I will be away 11:30 - 2 CST, but available the rest of today.

Arlene

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - Do you think this can be accomplished this morning - or is it not possible? I don't mind waiting, but am anxious to get my new laptop running with 2010.

Arlene

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, Danielle

Arlene

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Danielle -

Please do not close the question. I appreciate all the time spent on my question and I don't mind waiting - as you know, it has been a couple of days so far, and I'm delighted to know you are so persevering. I just don't have the money to purchase a new set of MS 2010 and the transfer would be the perfect answer.

Thanks to everyone, who has tried to come up with the answer for me.

I'll check in later.

Arlene

Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

You can download and install your office 2010 professional plus program at
http://office.com/backup

If it does not work, please try this link:
http://tinyurl.com/277n6j9

If it still does not work, try this one:
http://tinyurl.com/2esqgvg

Please let me know if it works or not. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first option told me my product number was not available for backup. Option 2 - Tweet Soup site is off line for maintenance. Option 3 wants me to remove Clicl to Run in order to complete download. I'm working on it. I want to deterine if I can just turn off Click to Run for now.

Arlene

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I was advising you that I tried the first two suggestions and they did not work. I am trying the third suggestion now. The message I get is "This is not a valid Office Product Key." So I still do not have an answer. I am willing to wait for Viet or anyone to get an answer to how to transfer the MS 2010.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question.

So I am assuming at this point Office is installed on the new machine. Normally the product keys are good for only one install.

At this point I would contact Microsoft Product activations at this number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

You will more than likely need a new product key issued to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you all for your time on this question. I'm sure you want me to go away. Just want to let you know I had to uninstall Click to Run for the MS 2010 and then it s product # XXXXX not accepted (thanks for the # XXXXX call for a new one) So I have no MS 2010 Office Stqrter or the download of MS 2010 on the new computer.

Not exactly what I expected, but I chose to follow your suggestions.

Thanks again to everyone, who tried to help me.

Arlene.

Expert:  rjpoirier replied 2 years ago.
Please click on the accept button if this answers your question

Thanks
rjpoirier, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: A+ , MCTS, MCITP certified with 6 + years hands on experience.