WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist
21171802

I am attempting to create a outlook account on my office computer.

Customer Question

I am attempting to create a outlook account on my office computer. I have microcsoft 2010 which has a icon for outlook. However, once I type in the require information I can not seem to connect to a sever. I would like to complete this tonight. What am I doing wrong? I used this service once and it was helpful, I am hoping for the same results.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 years ago.

weshouck :

Hi, I can help answer your question.

weshouck :

You'll need to get your mail server name to connect to it. Every company has a different mail server name.

weshouck :

You can look at another persons mail settings and check to see what the mail server name is.

weshouck :

You can get your mail server name by following these steps:
1. Open a DOS Command Prompt (Click the start button, type cmd and press Enter)
2. Type nslookup and press Enter
3. Type set type=mx
4. Type your domain name
Your mail server name will be displayed. Use that for your Outlook server settings.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to do this correctly but I unsure the process will work. I going to pay but I have some concerns. This is very important to me because the former office manager left and did not appear to document anything. I am a therapist who was hire into do work and help resolve this particular problem. My duties are much and I do not want to spend alot of time solving this problem. I want to be fair but I want to solve the problem first. Recommendation would be helpful.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 4 years ago.
Follow the steps below to get your mail server name and then you can configure Outlook with that mail server:

2. Type nslookup and press Enter
3. Type set type=mx
4. Type your domain name

Then follow these steps to configure Outlook --> CLICK HERE