Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Access 2010, I cant get the "on Format" event to work on reports

Access 2010, I can't get the "on Format" event to work on reports for any section, header footer or detail.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Professional Help :

Hi there and welcome

Professional Help :

This is to early in the process to do control formating

Professional Help :

I would put the code in the On Open event of your report and it should then run

Professional Help :

If you have any difficulties, please let me know

Customer:

There is no On Open event in the detail section of a report. I am an experienced VBA programmer and iknow what I am doing. In other versions of ACCESS I have used the On Format event to format my reports very effectively. I just can't get it to work in ACCESS 2010. Is there somewhere in teh program that one can turn On or Off the event actions on a report?

Professional Help :

no you cant turn it on and off, but have you tried on the on open?

Customer:

There is no "On Open" event in the detail properties of a report! Where is the On open you are talking about?

Professional Help :

on the properties of the report itself, click in the top right of the report to get to this

Customer:

On Open is only good if one wants to format a control the same way for each occurrence of the report details. In the past I used the On Format to conditionally format the controls in each occurrence of the report detail. For example if the value of a control is zero I may wish to make the visible property false. In Access 2010 the event On Format doen't appear to be active. I have put in code with errors and I have set beakpoints in the code - they were not noticed by the program. Why????

Professional Help :

The on format doesnt work in the Report view. but only in the Preview or Normal views.

Professional Help :

this may be why it is not running for you

Customer:

Thanks for your help! I will use you again I'm sure. Can I request you personally next time?

Professional Help :

yes you can

Professional Help :

did it work?

Professional Help :

to request me personally, just click on my name and ask a question

Professional Help :

and please remember to click on accept

Customer:

Yes it works in Print Preview - I didn't see a normal view just "Report', "Layout", "Design" and "Print Preview". What is hour name? I will accept and click it.

Professional Help : My name is Richard
Professional Help : It was a pleasure assisting you
Professional Help : You can just specify my name at the start of the question
Customer:

10-4 and thanks

Customer:

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues