Travis
Travis, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience in the IT field.
19765367

I have PowerPoint 2002 and and a new laptop with Windows 7.

Customer Question

I have PowerPoint 2002 and and a new laptop with Windows 7. My old laptop had Windows XP Professional, and with it I could import a video into a PowerPoint slide as an Object, and this would allow me to select the option to have a control bar on the bottom of the video in the slide. This was done by selecting from the Insert Object menu either Media Clip or Video Clip. Neither Media Clip nor Video Clip options are available in the Insert Object menu in PowerPoint 2002 on my new laptop with Windows 7.... So my ultimate question is: Given my current laptop configuration with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2002 (which I hope to stay with), how can I insert a video into a slide that will have a control bar on the bottom if it? The control bar is absolutely essential to my application of videos within PowerPoint.....
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Travis replied 4 years ago.

bobnosnarb :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is Travis and I would like to assist you with your question.

bobnosnarb :

I wonder if you had an add-on installed something similar to this on your old laptop. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21380 Now that you have a new laptop it may need to be reinstalled.

JACUSTOMER-uw0yrzwh- :

Thanks. I'll have to check to see f such an add-on was in fact installed on my prior laptop.

JACUSTOMER-uw0yrzwh- :

I don't believe that I have such an add-on on my prior laptop that gave me this control bar option. Any other suggestions?

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Travis replied 4 years ago.

Check this article and see if it helps you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884175

I think this may be the workaround you need.