Ryan B.
Ryan B., Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have experience resolving many microsoft office problems

Microsoft Office is having problems

I am not sure what has happened to my microsoft Word program, but now when I go to the page setup menu, I can not get the acquire Page Attributes from the drop down menu. Also when I push the print button all the menus items grey out and the only way I can quit the program is to Force quit from the Apple Menu. I have a MacBook running 10.6.8 and have Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. I have also discovered as of tonight that this is affecting my Excel program as well. I am unable to save a new document. I can save an old document, but cannot create a new one. I have also updated my driver for my cannon printer. This started when I downloaded an update from Apple on Thursday.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I am. I posted it at 5 pm my time anhad to go to bed. I ready nd this fixed but if you can't fix it I will take out locally.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Apple released Security Update 2012-001 (Snow Leopard) on February 1, which effectively broke older applications that use Rosetta to run on newer Intel hardware. Office 2004 users reported in the Microsoft Answers forums that they could no longer save or print files from Excel or Word after installing this update. The update affected a handful of other Rosetta-dependent applications such as Acrobat 7 and Photoshop CS2 according to Macworld.

Apple released version 1.1 of the update on February 3, which corrects the Rosetta issues. Anyone experiencing problems with the first update should install the newer update to re-enable print and save functionality in his Office 2004 applications.
Ryan B., Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have experience resolving many microsoft office problems