jsterq, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have knowledge in multiple Microsoft products including the entire Office suite (Word, Excel, powerpoint, etc).

my works program will not allow me to copy within a spreadsheet

Customer Question

my works program will not allow me to copy within a spreadsheet document WHY
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not rec'd any help up to now

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  jsterq replied 4 years ago.
Hi Larry,

First off, if you haven't tried already, please save your work and attempt restarting your computer through Windows (Start -> shut down -> restart). This will allow your clipboard to be erased and may allow you to copy and paste immediately after boot up.

Make sure you do not have any keys stuck on your keyboard especially the Alt or Ctrl keys.

If the issue is still occurring after the reboot, please attempt to copy and paste some date into a notepad or wordpad through Windows. This will help determine if you are having a Windows issue or an issue with the spreadsheet application.
Expert:  jsterq replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if you need any more assistance with this issue. If you are receiving any error messages new or old, please list them for me to investigate.

Thank you.